11

Seeing Jennifer in Liam's arm made Alexander extremely infuriated. That was the breaking point of his patience. He dashed towards him and snatched the young girl from his hold, placing her behind him in a protective way.

"Hello brother, I wasn't expecting to see you this soon." There was a momentary flare of anger on Liam's face as he spoke.

Alexander left Jennifer's hand and she ran towards her sister immediately. He turned his attention to Liam whose smug face deserved a tight slap right now. But instead of slapping, he punched him hard enough that his nose was covered in blood within seconds.

"What the hell Alex?"

"I didn't expect you will go this extent, forcing them to attend your birthday, hurting those girls, how could you be so inhumane?"

"You're jealous, aren't you?" Liam spat blood on the floor and grabbed his brother's collar. "She's mine, you heard me."

Alexander grabbed his hands and twisted them behind his back. Liam yelled in pain as he was aware that his brother is stronger.

"No she's not. Make sure your brain process this tiny but precious information." He pushed Liam down and went to help Jacqueline to stand up on her feet.

"Are you okay?"

"Never been better Mr. Reeves." The girl complained as she used his strong arm to support herself.

"Don't you think you're late at your own brother's party or you don't play the role of an elder brother strictly enough?"

Alexander avoided eye-contact with the two girls since he felt he's at fault too. Maybe if he had put Liam in a mental asylum, they would not have suffered. His face has become rigid, jaw clamped tight, teeth grinding. It's time to get out of there before he'll do something to Liam that will regret him later.

"Where do you think you're going?" Liam advanced towards them with the knife in his hand.

"You've caused enough trouble tonight, just let them go."

"Why should I, you want to steal Jennifer from me just like you have stolen Emma, am I right?"

Hearing the name of Emma brought the callous memories back for both Alexander and Liam. She was the reason of Liam's state today but Alexander can never bring himself of hating her. He still cares for her, a feeling that his own brother knows too well.

"Who's Emma?" Jacqueline asked while holding her sister's hand tightly. "Come on boys, we deserve an explanation, it's the least."

They gave each other death glares. They knew it will be definitely a war of words that can hurt deeply.

"I knew and loved Emma first but my dear brother stole her from me by lying that I was obsessed with her."

"She never liked you Liam, you were always forcing her to admit her love to you, just like you're doing with Jennifer and it was only a crazed attraction, nothing more, nothing less."

"Don't bullshit me, you're a liar and today you're doing the same, you are stealing Jennifer from me just like you stole Emma but remember one thing brother, history won't repeat."

"You're right history won't repeat even if that means taking your life," Alexander pointed his gun at Liam leaving both sisters shocked.

Words flew from his mouth that he never thought he'd even think, let alone say out loud. He knew instantly from the look in Liam's eyes that they'd hit their mark. In that instant their relationship shattered into glassy shards.

Nothing would ever be the same again.

Alexander had no other choice than to harm his younger brother. He closed his eyes momentarily, thinking of the days where everything was normal until Liam turned into a psychopathic.

Bang

A severe pain drove through Liam's thigh as he fell down on the floor with teary eyes. Blood soaked onto his white pants, radiating outwards. He had never thought that his own brother would dare to shoot him.

"How could you," he managed to say bitterly.

"You left me with no choice Liam. You can't go imposing your rules on innocent girls like this, I already lost Emma. I can't lose Jennifer as well."

Tears filled up Jennifer's eyes when she heard Alexander's confession. How could someone like him care for a no one like her so much? Despite being strangers, she felt that he was an own to her.

Alexander ordered his goons to keep Liam captive and to not let him wander near his mansion or clubs. He then requested Jacqueline and Jennifer to come to his mansion instead of going home. They both knew they had no other option than to say yes.

"This isn't over," Liam hissed in pain as two men dragged him up to his feet. "I will take what's mine, I'll be back brother."

Both sisters found it weird to stay at their boss' house but they know they can't refuse him. Their lives were in danger, Liam's threat made it clear and they basically had no other support other than Alexander.

Later at night, after making sure that Jennifer was asleep, Jacqueline went to confront Alexander. She peeked into his room and noticed that he had changed into another suit and was smoking while staring at him in the mirror.

"It's rude to stare," his voice made her realize her mistake and she opened the door reluctantly.

"Where are you going at this time of the night?"

"Unfortunately Liam escaped with some of my men, he bribed them so now I have to go instruct others because I know my brother too well, he won't be at peace until he destroys me or Jennifer."

Jacqueline was shocked at his revelation. Only an hour ago, she was reassuring Jennifer that they are safe now, no matter what happens, Alexander is on their side.

He placed his hands on her shoulders and said, "Jennifer will be safe, I won't let Liam harm her, trust me."

Without thinking further, Jacqueline wrapped her arms around him and so did Alexander before planting a kiss on her head.