7

At sharp eight, Jennifer found herself at Alexander's mansion. She gave the card to the security officer and he let her in. She was in awe when she saw his mansion. It's the type that she had always seen in movies; a long rocky pathway with plants and trees on both sides, neat grass, men in black standing with rifles are all over the place pacing around, a huge two storied modern mansion painted in beige and a fountain in the middle.

A smile automatically crept up on her face. This is where she would be working.

She walked inside the house slowly and spotted Alexander climbing down the stairs hurriedly. He was shirtless. She couldn't help but gazed at his athletic body, with muscles and packs.

When he noticed her, he gave one of his best smiles which sent butterflies flying in her stomach. He handed his hand forward and they handshake.

"I'm glad you came. Follow me."

Jennifer obeyed and found herself in a large dining room. The wooden table was so long filled with various types of food.

"This is William; he is the manager of this house. He'll instruct you everything and William, that's Jennifer the girl I've talked to you about this morning."

"Sure sir, Welcome miss Jennifer."

She smiled at the elderly man and followed him. He handed her a contract where it's written that she would be working as a maid for Mr. Alexander Reeves for six months, the salary details and the rules of this house. She signed the paper once she has read it.

A maid handed her the uniform which was a simple black dress reaching her knees, a white apron which goes around the waist and landed mid-thigh and black flats. She went in the servant quarters, changed into her outfit and tied her hair in messy bun.

Big day ahead, she thought.

She went into the dining room and waited for further instructions. The same girl arrived and handed her a tray of food.

"You take this into the master's bedroom; it's on the first floor, last door to your left." Jennifer took the tray and saw Alexander signing some papers a few feet away. She looked at the girl again and she smiled at her since she realized that Jennifer was totally perplexed.

"Oh sorry, it's for the young master, Mr. Reeves' younger brother; he is ill so we've been instructed to give him food in his room."

Jennifer nodded and started walking towards the stairs with the tray. She breathed slowly trying to calm the jitters in her stomach and then knocked two times on the door.

"Come in."

She turned the knob and entered the room to spot her boss' brother standing shirtless in front of the window. What's with these men staying shirtless in the morning, she thought.

She placed the tray on the table and heard her name at the same time.

"Jennifer!"

She stood agape on noticing him. Liam, her worst nightmare. Her breathing becomes heavy as she made a run towards her door.

"Jennifer, please wait," he yelled but she ran until she collided into Alexander. His arm went around her waist to prevent her from falling.

"What's wrong, why are you crying?"

She blinked a couple of times when he asked but she was too confused to try to explain to him. When she heard boot clicks behind her, she removed his arm and hid behind him while sobbing. Alexander's height completely shielded her from him.

Liam and Alexander stared into each other's eyes ambiguously, totally abashed by the situation.

"What did you do to her?"

Alex asked keeping a bossy and elderly brother tone. Liam on the other hand was excited to see her again yet felt sad to know that she was mute.

"Nothing."

He cut it shortly but Jennifer's behavior was revealing something else. The way she was scared of Liam made Alexander ponder whether she is the same girl on whom his brother had a crush on.

"Liam I mean it, what did you do to her?" He spoke through gritted teeth, rendering Liam more vulnerable than he already was.

"She's the one whom I told you about."

Alexander's suspicion got confirmed when he heard so and only then he realized he has made a terrible mistake. Now because of his stupidity, Liam will think that he had brought her in the house because of his obsession.

"Shit," he muttered silently.

"Jennifer, go downstairs right now."

She did not lose a single moment to obey Alexander's order. The speed at which she ran away proved how much she was afraid of Liam.

"You are going to stay away from her; she's here to work not to be your keep. Have you heard me?"

Liam glanced at his elder brother furiously because staying away from the one girl he's attracted to be the last thing he would want to hear. He nodded and went in back in his room to avoid a conflict with Alexander but since Jennifer is at his arm reach, there's no more worrying about her.

He can talk to her at any time.

Alexander rushed to the servant quarters' after warning Liam and found Jennifer sitting on the couch playing with her fingers nervously.

"Jennifer, I swear I don't know that you are the same girl, I'm sorry."

Through sign language, she told him that she wanted to go home but unfortunately he couldn't understand anything. She grabbed the first paper she could lay her hands on and write in capital letters 'I WANT TO GO HOME.'

"He won't trouble you, I promise," he tried to assure her but she has already made up her mind.

Tears welled up her eyes and she started to cry. Alexander approached her but she took two steps back immediately. That's when he realized that she was already too petrified of Liam and him as well. He left the room and went upstairs to check on Liam once again when he noticed Jennifer has already changed into her regular clothing and was running out of his mansion.

"What did you do to her Liam?" He asked angrily.

"Nothing brother, I just said her name and she ran. I promise you I won't do anything to her, not even talk but please let her work here, please brother I beg of you."

Alexander hated to see vulnerability in his brother's eyes. What's so special about that kid that has made Liam's heart flipped like this?

He wanted to accept Liam's suggestion yet he feared for Jennifer's life at the same time.