15

Alexander's infuriated gaze fell upon a drunken Jennifer. It's been quite long since he and Jacqueline have been searching for her. If he didn't respect and care for her, he would have already given her a tight slap for misbehaving.

But instead he approached her casually and smiled.

Jennifer nearly spat her drink and placed the glass awkwardly on the counter and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. To her surprise, Alexander and Jacqueline were standing on each side, interfering into her personal space.

"What do you think you're doing?" Alexander asked, thinking rather late whether he should expect an answer or not.

Jennifer felt like she was caged between the two of them, always acting like they controlled her life. She didn't bother of trying to explain as she grabbed her bag and prepared to leave when Alexander gripped her arm.

Her one stare was enough to make him pull his hand back.

"Are you two her parents?" The bartender asked, thus increasing Jennifer's impatience.

"Yeah I'm her daddy," Alexander answered with a playful smirk, earning a 'fuck you Alex' from Jacqueline and a middle finger showed by Jennifer. She walked away from the bar eventually followed by the two persons she hates currently.

However she wasn't used to a high amount of alcohol in her system and wearing high heels so she started walking like a zombie but before she could kiss the ground, she found herself in Alexander's arms.

"I don't know what issues you have with your sister so that you are acting like a bitch but it won't work with me. You're supposed to be happy. I brought you far away from Liam but instead of being thankful you're acting like a little brat."

Jennifer stared at his face as it was dangerously close to hers. She wanted to slam her lips against his, just like Jacqueline did but a force prevented her because somewhere deep in her heart, she cared about her remaining family.

Jacqueline was jealous to see her in Alexander's arms since they were practically exploring each other's mouth few hours ago but she kept quiet. She was mature and understood her sister's feelings but she knew that she has to protect her no matter what.

All eyes were snapped on a tall, handsome Alexander as he walked back home with an unconscious Jennifer in his arms. However it didn't affect him of catching people's attention. He knew he was eye-catching thanks to the genes of his parents.

He placed her on her bed and removed her shoes before covering her with a duvet wondering about this new side of Jennifer he has witnessed today.

"Thank you for finding her," Jacqueline uttered after she closed the door of Jennifer's bedroom.

"I had to, you're both my responsibilities and I can't see you worry."

Jacqueline smiled.

Water has always made Alexander feel peaceful. Using a cleansing technique self-taught, he spoke to himself while the water dissolved all thoughts about today. However for the first time it was of no use.

The two Smith sisters have corrupted his mind.

One was strong, fierce, sexy, the type of woman who normally attracted men's attention, draw them to her like bees; Jacqueline, even her name sounds erotic.

On the other hand was Jennifer; innocent, gentle, pure, the type of girl you would want to protect, hold in your arms and prevents her heart from breaking.

Alexander closed the tap and ran his hand through his wet hair thinking about how his life has become complicated all because of a mere attraction. He can just ditch them, he doesn't have the need to protect them, they are no one to him yet their presence brought a hopeful ray of light in his scandalous life.

He wrapped a towel loosely around his waist and cleaned his hair with another while stepping out of the shower. To his surprise Veronica was lying on his bed, dressed in dark blue lingerie, exposing her voluptuousness. He caught her staring at his half naked body from tip to toes.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, combing his hair at the same time.

"Don't act innocent Alex; it's not the first time I'm here."

"I know and like every other time I have to push you out because you are nothing but a secretary to me, you're hot but not my type."

Veronica chuckled. She knew that the one weapon she possessed will never work on Alexander so from time to time, she tested him to know for how long he can resist her yet he did it successfully every time.

"Touché Alex but never mind, I'll still love you from the bottom of my heart and will keep our relationship strictly professional but I have an advice for you, stop playing with their feelings because you'll eventually break one's heart to satisfy the other."

"Trust me I'm trying."

"Well try harder, it's not noble to play with two sisters' feelings, always remember they became your acquaintances through Liam."

"Not Jacqueline."

"Oh, so she's the one you're crushing on, why because she's hot and can appeal to your sexual desires?"

"Even though I'd love that, I'll wait for it."

Veronica knew where this conversation was going so she bid him goodnight and left. She confirmed one thing; Jacqueline is the one whom Alexander liked but somehow Jennifer can mess up the infatuation through her virtuousness.

The notification alert brought her back to reality and her eyes fell on the last comment posted on her latest Facebook picture.

'Vacationing without me, not fair.'

Veronica's heart started beating wildly when she realized the atrocious blunder she has committed. She deleted the picture at once but feared for Alexander's wrath. How an important matter could slip from her mind that Liam and she are friends on Facebook?

Most importantly what was the need of posting a picture;she was not a teenager but a fully grown adult. She knew she had to be more careful but instead of warning Alexander, she decided to keep mum and left everything in the hands of destiny.