6

Upon hearing Alexander's words, Jennifer stepped in front of Jacqueline and started to beg him to not take her sister's life. But Alexander couldn't understand anything she was doing except for it has to be sad as tears were rolling down her cheeks continuously.

Finally he turned his eyes towards Jacqueline and asked, "What is she doing?"

"She's mute. She is trying to tell you not to kill me because I'm all who she's got," answered Jacqueline.

Alexander immediately thought of Liam's lethal attraction to a girl who is mute. It could be her or it can be just a coincidence. Besides he had said that she has only a brother whom he had ordered to kill the day before. It can't be her.

He nodded and made a stop sign with his hand. Jennifer stopped pleading him and glanced at him with her tearful eyes.

"Both of you, in my office right now," he commanded.

He led the way as both girls followed him silently. Once he stepped inside, he sat on his huge leather armchair as both girls kept discussing among themselves. He pretended not to pay attention to them while using his phone. Finally Jacqueline sat on the chair opposite of him, leaving Jennifer on the couch that was near the door.

"So, Miss Smith, what do you have to say for your defense?'

"I'm sorry."

"That's all?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well, it's just that the past few days have been troublesome enough and it was much and I took it on you, I shouldn't have hit you before even asking what has happened. I'm extremely sorry Mr. Reeves."

"What's her name?"

"Jennifer, she's my little sister and she's all who I've got left in this world so I can be a bit overprotective."

Alexander smiled at her since he is also quite overprotective of his little brother Liam even though he acts as an incarnation of the devil sometimes. He always forgives him one way or the other and can do anything for his happiness.

"What is she doing in an adult club because she doesn't look like an adult at all?"

Jacqueline nodded. "Right, she is sixteen and she had actually come here to town to look for a job too."

"What?" He asked surprisingly. "Doesn't she have to go to school?"

"She was homeschooled since she was a kid, they used to make fun of her when she was around eight so she quit and refused to go to school again and my mother tutored her."

Alexander can't believe he is having a second interview with the same person twice a day. But he seemed interested to know more about them.

"So did she find one?"

"No, she was visiting a shop and someone had framed her for theft. Obviously she couldn't defend herself, the ladies kept on accusing her but she ran, hid and entered this club to try to find a way out until you rescued him from those boys."

Alexander landed his gaze on Jennifer who was sitting and observing them intently. For the first time in his life he actually felt pity for someone who is not his own. There was something about her that attracted him.

Was it the innocence or something else, he couldn't understand but the words slipped from his mouth.

"I can hire her."

"Absolutely not. I will not allow her to work here; she's too innocent for this place."

"Are you insulting your workplace indirectly Miss Smith?" He smirked.

She chuckled and replied, "No, I'm just playing the role of an elder sister."

Alexander smiled at her and gazed at Jennifer who was still watching them. But he assumed that the way they were conversing might have eased her up a bit. Even though he still has an urge to punish Jacqueline for hitting him, he swallowed his pride and continued.

"Not here, at my mansion, she can work as a servant or a dishwasher, whatever she's able to do, she'll be safe there. I have securities and the house manager is a trustworthy man, he has considered all the other employees as family and they all bond well."

He handed his card to Jacqueline which she took keenly. His address and a telephone number were mentioned on it.

"Discuss it with your sister, if she agrees, send her tomorrow. She'll be hired immediately."

"Thank you so much Mr. Reeves. I know that I only started today but can I take her home? I don't feel like letting her go alone after everything."

"Of course."

The moment the two girls left, he had the three boys who had misbehaved with Jennifer called inside. Fear was clearly visible on their faces. Alexander knew that they are the offspring of rich parents who don't care and let them live a life full of freedom one that included violating a mute girl.

"Alexander, we didn't know that she is your..."

The boy stopped and didn't dare utter another single word. The total silence was scaring them because they knew that he is an unpredictable man. One command and their dead body might reach their mansions.

"From now on I don't want to see either of you at my Club and if I did, it will be the last time you'll see daylight."

"Do you know who my father is?"

The one, who was going to bite Jennifer, asked. He considered himself bad ass because of his father's high status in the society. Alexander has deal with enough men like him in the past. These newbies are committing nothing but a mistake by clearly underestimating him.

"Funny but I won't laugh. Does your father truly know who am I?"

The boy swallowed a lump. Alexander's face was cold and hard, staring through their soul with his dark green eyes. The boys understood that they are messing with the wrong man and left with heads bowed down.

Alexander inhaled the grey stench and exhaled it. The half lit cigarette dance between his index and middle fingers.

He could have done worse to those boys after witnessing what they did to Jennifer but he wasn't ready to be attached with a female emotionally.

He pitied her, that's all.