26

Everything seemed blurry as if surrounded by fog.

Alexander Reeves' eyes flicked open to the greyish white ceiling. He didn't know how he got into his own bed, slept in shirt and pants. But then little by little, everything started falling into place. He let an exasperated sigh, taking his time to sit, unbuttoned his shirt and threw it on the floor.

His entire body was covered in sweats. He never felt so hot before but it didn't even looked like he had a fever. There weren't any symptoms except for the profuse sweating. Despite the air conditioning, he smelled dirty like he has missed several baths. On the table was his glass of wine and the expensive opened bottle. It can't be because he drank too much. Closing his eyes, he tried remembering everything starting from Liam's funeral, his confrontation with Veronica and finally Chase.

"Fucking traitors"

Stepping down he ran a hand through his hair and flew the wine bottle across the room. He couldn't believe that his own people, the ones he has considered a part of his family would turn against him.

The torment in his brain settled in causing an inability to think rationally. His fingers curled into fists ready to punch anything into sight.

"Aww poor Alex being haunted by his demons."

This voice, he wasn't supposed to hear it. He turned towards the mirror at the vanity. His eyes nearly fell, seeing Jacqueline who smiled at him.

"You are not real," he yelled to the reflection.

"You're right. I'm only messing with your brain. You failed your promises but I achieved mine. I killed him. I killed your brother Alexander Reeves."

"Shut up."

In a fit of anger, he dashed and punched the mirror with all force causing a crack upon his contact. Her reflection disappeared but blood formed on his knuckles. His jaw clamped tight and his teeth grinded.

Alexander went inside the washroom and splashed cold water on his face and bruise. It ached but it was nothing compared to the one surging in his heart. Seeing the one on his face given by Chase unexpectedly made him grip the tap unconsciously. Everybody has betrayed him. They have shown their true colors in the times of misery.

Blood rushed to his brain, his veins swelled ready to explode. He was hungry for destruction to be able to get him moments of peace. He didn't want to blame himself for actually pitying and being nice to two sisters. He helped them because he regretted his action of killing their brother even though the blood isn't on his hand. He knew Liam wasn't in his right mind, thanks to Emma's brothers but he still loved him. Liam was his own blood and last family member sharing the Reeves name.

But now it's up to him to continue the lineage.

He'll make sure that the caring and protective Alexander Reeves died along with his brother. He'll be ruthless and take revenge from everyone who has betrayed him. He'll show them that messing with a Reeves ends up in a grave.

Starting with Jennifer, Veronica and finally Chase whom was his right hand at one time. Maybe he'll kill Emma's family too, tying up all loose ends to make sure no one ever mess up with someone like him.

Ditching his clothes, Alexander stood under the shower letting an icy cold water fall on his head. The sweat rolled down his body, replacing with cold droplets of water, chilling him to the bone. After a good five minutes when he couldn't control the goosebumps and shivers, he stepped out and dried his body with a clean towel.

His eyes landed on the clock when he marched towards his wardrobe. He had fallen unconscious for more than a whole day.

"Fuck," he muttered, pulling out a black brief, dark pants and black sweater.

As darkness settled in the room, he turned only his bedside lamp on. This should be enough to shed light in his gloomy life. This is where he truly belonged, where normal ones are afraid of what lies within the darkness.

Before he could put on the sweater, his eyes flickered on a young woman with short black hair standing at his doorstep in blue denim shorts and dark green T-shirt that appeared to be a size smaller. He relished the view.

"Sasha, am I right?" He asked, a smirk forming at his lips.

"Yes, I was at the funeral yesterday but you left early so I decided to pay a visit today."

"Come inside."

She looked pretty short in front of him but height was never a problem for him. The sweater fell from his hand as he grabbed the hem of her T-shirt and pulled them off her body.

"Are you sure?" She asked, a little hint of the devil playing in her eyes.

Alexander's finger trailed from her neck to the middle of her chest. She closed her eyes and breathed heavily.

"You love my brother."

Her eyes flicked open as he pulled his hand back. Alexander picked his sweater up and wore it. Crossing his arms beneath his chest, he glared at her with a blank look as if he didn't show an interest in her few seconds ago.

"How did you know?" Her voice broke revealing the pain beneath.

"You looked happy when you announced that the person who caused the fire is dead. You kill her, didn't you?"

"Not exactly, there was one more man who worked for Liam. We beat her to the death on the railway platform."

"I loved her."

"I know but she was a thorn in Liam's way and I loved Liam."

He gripped her arms tight and pulled her close to his body. "If only you have confessed you love him, he wouldn't have died today. It would have been you who could have cured him from his madness."

She smiled at him even though tears formed in her eyes. "It was too late Alexander. No matter what I would have done, Jacqueline or Jennifer; Veronica or Chase would have find a way and kill him."

"What do you mean?" He asked and let go of her.

"Liam had finally got what he wanted out of Jennifer."