34

The bullet missed Liam by mere inches and instead struck the wall behind.

Brain desperately scrambling to make sense of it all in her surrounding, Jennifer gripped the gun even tighter ready to fire a second time.

"You can talk?"

Veronica's mouth hung with lips slightly apart as she asked. All Jennifer did was share a quick eye-contact before staring into the souls of her culprit. Liam needs to be put down and no one else had more reasons to do it than her.

Alexander looked at his terrified brother to check if he's unharmed and turned to the last person on earth he'll ever think to hold a gun against his sibling. She was not the timid Jennifer he once knew. This girl was someone fiercer turned by the circumstances he played a part in creating. Despite being the deadly gangster in the room, he mustered courage to say.

"Jennifer, don't forget that Sasha has bombs on her. I specifically warned."

She chuckled, changing the position of the gun. "Maybe I should kill her first considering she beat my sister to death in front of my eyes."

Sasha stood as if she was paralyzed from neck down. Jennifer knew that she was too coward to pull a pin. Alexander will never come up with a plan where he endangered the life of his brother. After all family comes first no matter how rotten they can be so she maintained her ground, strong.

"Are you crazy?" The tremble in Sasha's voice didn't go unnoticed by Jennifer. She was indeed scared. That's how it felt to be on the side of vulnerability.

"I'm not scared to die. I have nothing left in this world thanks to you all. My parents were already dead, Chase murdered my elder brother on Alexander's order and you killed my sister because you were blindly in lust for one of these brothers. I'm an orphan with no shelter or money. I have nothing to lose unlike you all standing here so go ahead, pull the pin and blast this place or I'll put a bullet in your brain."

Veronica tried to approach her but she jerked away.

"If you or Chase comes near me, I swear you'll blame yourselves for what occur next."

They stood silently on spot. Not even Celestia could utter a word as despite her promise to protect Jennifer, she threw her in the shark's jaws the moment her own daughter's life was on the line. Each one put their own before others. The faster she accepted the harsh reality, she better she'll live.

"Jennifer"

Not him, all she could think. The young man with brown hair and hazel eyes stepped forward while still keeping a distance between him. His face was masked with fear and anxiety. She was endangering his life through her complicated one. She has even lied to him.

"You're not this person," he said but not too loud.

She turned her eyes to Liam, as if telling him I have found someone and he's nothing like you. The jealousy in his eyes definitely made the night a little better. But Liam's actions are always a target to the persons she loves so she can't bring Theo into a part of this war.

"They turned me into this person," she addressed to him, voice breaking a little. This wasn't the first words she was supposed to say to him. It should have been something innocent and loving, not the complete opposite.

"Jennifer please, don't become like us," Alexander added.

She knew the exact reason. At the end of the day, he'll still do anything for his brother. They have all toyed with her life, pulling the string whenever they wanted now it's her time.

"In that case I want justice Alexander Reeves. Can you give it to me?"

He was puzzled, not knowing what to say. He glanced at Liam for aid but he was preoccupied in his own vile thoughts.

"Wha- what kind of justice do you want exactly?"

"Your brother raped me. Can you give me justice or you'll still side with him because he's your only family?"

It had only taken one moment for the world to be thrown off its axis. Jennifer doubted but the look on Alexander's face cleared it. He never knew what his brother has done. Blood drained from his face, taking his time faced Liam whose face was clouded with pure shock. He probably expected that the mute timid girl will never grow some balls.

"Is it true?"

Jennifer observed the way Alexander's lips moved as he didn't spoke loud; it was almost a whisper to ask about this shameful act. Liam couldn't even look at him in the eyes as his face sent turning the other side with a sound echoing the room. He grabbed Liam's collar, eyes boring into each other.

"You really are a pathetic piece of shit, aren't you? You got what you always wanted without ever caring how you're hurting others. She asked me justice, brother. How would you like me to give it to her? Putting a bullet through your heart or sending you to jail?"

He pushed Liam away causing him to stagger while the crowd's patience was reaching its limit. It was a family feud where they had no major roles than a frightened audience. The Reeves are nothing but dramatic assholes.

Tears filled his eyes. Jennifer had known them quite well by now to realize that one way or the other, he'll choose a lesser punishment for his brother. However, she knows exactly what it's like to lose a brother. She fully understood Alexander's emotion unlike the rest. He had his bad habits too but he wasn't mentally ill like his younger brother. She didn't say but she pitied Alexander.

Wiping her sweaty hands on her dress, she moved forward to make sure the bullet won't miss its target this time. Liam looked at her, so called guilt on his face.

"I'm so-"

Jennifer didn't give him the time to speak and shot. Liam grabbed his crotch and fell on the tiles, dirtying with his blood. He screamed in pain, endless tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I'm the last girl you have raped Liam Reeves."