29

The right side of his pale red lips tugged upwards creating a malevolent smirk on his perfectly sculptured face. His instinct has been right all along. There was something quite fishy going on. Sasha put down the dark red headphone on the table and smiled at him.

"You knew that the broker would have called Theo sooner or later?"

"Yes. He isn't as smart as he thinks he is. Now that we have Theo's Sim Card's details, track him; he'll lead us to Jennifer."

Intercepting the broker's every call was a tedious task but the results was definitely worth it because through him, he found their whereabouts.

Using the sympathy card with his wealthy clients, Alexander was on board for the next flight to Washington DC along with Sasha and twenty of his most trusted men. Brand new black Mercedes Benz waited for them outside with non-licensed guns and rifles in the trunks.

Sasha opened the tablet given by Alexander and navigated through the route they were taking.

"They are moving towards Richmond."

"Don't worry. With these powerful and fast beasts, we'll catch them in no time," he said.

The anticipation grew as he knew about their exact whereabouts. Having a strong position in the underworld gave him access to which only high officials in the government can possess.

The Mercedes' cruised their way fast downtown, travelling south. Alexander kept his eyes outside on the beautiful city whilst his fingers tend to be brushing the brand new gun. A strong desire of shooting an enemy overwhelmed his thoughts as the last person he had probably shot was none other than his dead brother. If only he had known Jacqueline would have been the one, he would shot her himself instead. Swayed by her curvaceous beauty, he never discovered her true intentions.

"They have stopped again," Sasha said, pulling Alexander out of his lust for blood.

"Another filling station?"

"No. It's an inn in a small town outside Richmond. Maybe they'll stay there."

He nodded and ordered to drive even faster while making sure they don't attract the eyes of the law. But when they arrived at their destination, Alexander ordered to stop about a mile away from the inn while sending one of his men into disguise to the inn. He indeed confirmed that Jennifer was there including Veronica and Chase whom he guessed might be with them.

Alexander lit a third cigarette, inhaling the odor of nicotine and tar. Each drag he took reminded him of the good old days and how terribly it ended because they thought he wasn't trustworthy enough.

"When do we attack Alexander? I'm bored of waiting for the auspicious moment."

"Soon."

He ignored her, crashed the third one under his classy shoes and lit a forth one.

Sasha and his men scattered around at the edge of the lake, dining and drinking but he could only smoke cigarettes one after the other. If one of his enemies didn't kill him, he knows for sure lung cancer would be the lucky one.

About ten thirty, where the place started growing quiet, Alexander entered the inn that probably was considered to be high class at one point unlike now. He marched to the reception where a middle aged man was mindlessly going through a magazine of bikini models. He removed his gun from the holster and carefully placed it on the wooden table in front of the man whose eyes flicked from the gun to his smiling face in pure terror.

"You can consider me a deadly friend."

"What do you want?" The man asked, looking around for help but none seemed to be appreciative of this old, disgusting and almost broken place.

"I need to send a message from down here to a group of people somewhere in the fifth or sixth floor."

Looking behind this 'deadly friend' to see if there's someone for help, the man nodded or more like his head trembled with dread of the tall man with the gun. His finger shakily pointed towards the east.

"There is a recording studio down the hall. No one use it anymore."

"Kindly lead the way."

Alexander sent him one of his grateful smiles. The man almost fell down as he walked through the darkened place with a few somber yellow light bulbs apparently to shed light. He could only wonder why they would select such a degrading place as their hideout.

The room didn't look old as the inn itself but cobwebs and layers of dust proved it hasn't been opened in ages. The middle aged man pulled out some cords, untangling them and connected to the main switch. He wiped off the dust on the back mic with his hands in haste.

"Mic testing," he said, voice shaking but the sound was audible. "There you go, sir."

"Will you kindly increase the sound? The message should reach them, not stay in this room for only the two of us will hear."

"At once," he said. He adjusted the sound and stepped aside for Alexander.

His lips stretched into a wider grin as he crossed the distance in two steps. He could have barged in with all his men, fire everywhere, create a chaotic environment but he has his own style, the one that will make his enemies fear.

"Good evening Veronica. I know you are in this building and I know exactly who are present with you. Honestly speaking, you were the last person in my mind who I thought could break my heart in two. I liked you but you chose to like my enemy."

He paused and laughed in the mic, making sure she heard how truly heartbroken he was.

"I have this place surrounded in every corner. You all have an hour to come down in the lobby. I'll be waiting. But if you don't, I'll barge inside and my men will repeat to you what my dead brother did to that girl you bent on protecting. See you soon darling."