9

Despite loathing and cursing Liam for the thousandth times, Jennifer showed up at her workplace on time. She was feeling low, homesick, and unsure when she had a brief eye-contact with Liam who was climbing down the stairs.

She quickly changed into her uniform and obeyed every instruction that William, the manager was giving. All the time her mind was conscious that Liam is somewhere around so she tried her best to stay on guard.

"Jennifer, you'll clean the tables near the poolside and then do the dishes," William instructed her and gave the other employees different tasks.

No wonder Alexander's house is so neat and clean.

After dropping all the trash in the bin, Jennifer spotted Liam standing right behind. She placed a hand on her heart as his unexpected appearance has startled her.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you," he said.

Jennifer gazed around and saw two of the bodyguards nearby. That assured her she is not lonesome and especially she should not be too frightened.

"This is for you."

Liam handed her a bouquet of red, pink and purple flowers. It was beautiful and had a heavenly scent. Jennifer smiled at him, opened the trash can and dropped the flowers in it with a loud thud.

She exited like a boss. Liam felt anger was overpowering him as he rushed towards the wall like an enraged panther and started punching it till his knuckles started to turn red.

"Stop it Liam," one of the bodyguards placed his hand on Liam's shoulder to calm him down as he was rigid with fury.

"Who the hell does she think she is?" He shouted.

Not being able to digest her rejection, Liam rushed into his mansion like a whirlwind and at the same instant he spotted Jennifer climbing the stairs. Without wasting time, he ran up, grabbed her arm harshly and pinned her against the wall.

Jennifer stared at him confusedly but her heart was already beating too fast as she feared of the consequences. Maybe she shouldn't have rejected his flowers.

Liam approached her dangerously, caged her between the wall and his muscular body. She kept her gaze on his shirt as she felt a discomfort in her chest, a feeling in her brain like excess caffeine then it sets deeper. She felt the urge to push him away but was too petrified to execute the task.

She felt his warm breath on her head since she was shorter than him. The negative thoughts keep coming like waves on rocks but she tried to hold her tears in.

Liam kept serene and didn't say anything. He was waiting for her reaction but found none. She neither tried to push him away nor cried which was pretty unusual. Was she finally accepting him? A smiled formed on his lips but it was only for a second as he found himself being pulled away from Jennifer violently.

Alexander!

Gradually tears escaped from her eyes as she noticed both brothers giving each other death glares.

Alexander gently clutches her hand and hugged her protectively. It's only then all her emotions came out. She started to shed tears while hugging him too.

"What part of you didn't understand to stay away from her Liam?"

"It's her fault, I just wanted to talk to her, to apologize but she didn't even give me a chance and even threw the bouquet. I personally handpicked all those flowers, thinking that she'll appreciate it but she is so arrogant that she threw it in the trash in front of me," said Liam in one-go.

Salty drops of water drenched Alexander's white blazer since Jennifer couldn't bear his accusation.

Alexander noticed that her hands were even trembling. He held her with one arm and run the other on her back soothingly and motioned Liam to leave.

He couldn't bear the fact that she trusts her brother and not him; she can let her brother touch her, hug her but despised of his closeness to her. He stomped away and slammed the door in a fit anger.

Jacqueline who had been walking lazily arrived on the floor and caught a glimpse of Alexander and her little sister hugging each other.

"Mr. Reeves," she exclaimed loudly, capturing their attention.

Alexander and Jennifer broke their hug and the latter rushed towards her sister, hugged her and cried. But Jacqueline's eyes lingered on her boss. She placed Jennifer behind her and confronted him.

"I warned you that I will not spare your brother, where is he Mr. Reeves?"

"He didn't hurt her, ask your sister?"

This time Jacqueline faced her sister and realized that he was telling the truth. Obviously she will not take Liam's side, that's impossible. There was so much tenderness in her orbs.

"Okay then why is she crying?"

"Liam only wanted to talk to her but she got scared. I wouldn't blame her though, I'll talk to my brother and you girls can go home."

Jennifer smiled at Alexander and both sisters left from there.

Jacqueline's mind was in turmoil. First Liam, now Alexander what do those brothers want from her sister. If ever it happens they have evil motives, she will not spare them because she can't afford to lose the last member of her family.

Jennifer's flip flops were clinking so hard on the wooden floor that Jacqueline knew she was standing behind her.

"You're okay now?"

She nodded. She looks like she wants to help her sister to prepare dinner.

"You can cut the lettuce and the carrots while I cook the chicken," Jennifer smiled at her and both sisters got to work immediately. They were listening to Maroon 5 and busied themselves in their respective work when they heard a knock on the door.

That was strange because they never had guests over.

"Stay here, I'll check," ordered Jacqueline. A frantic look swarmed across her features as it was none other than Liam.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I only wanted to talk to her, that's it."

Jacqueline concluded that his stubborn ass won't be at peace till he doesn't speak to her sister. She invited him and went to fetch Jennifer who stood at far as possible from Liam while Jacqueline stood in the middle protectively.

"Bark!" She said to him annoyingly.

"That's very impolite."

"Look who's talking about politeness, don't you think that's a bit rich coming from you?"

"I won't waste my time talking to you so I'll talk to her instead; Jennifer, I wanted to apologize for everything, I know you still don't trust me but I want to let you know that I'm changed now and to begin a new start of life, I wanted to invite you to my birthday party which is tomorrow night, will you please do the honor of coming?"

Jennifer was in a state of consternation. Does he deserve another chance or not, there's only one way to find out so she nodded and smiled which meant yes.

Jacqueline found her sister's reaction to be surprising so she interrupted their eye contacts.

"Fine but I'm coming too, I won't let her go alone."

"Okay as long as she is coming, I don't mind your presence."

Jacqueline rolled her eyes at him as fake pride was dripping from his tone.