19

Jennifer grabbed her sister's hand and walked out of the bar much to a confused Veronica who followed them but Chase prevented her from approaching them any closer.

"Don't."

"What happened?" Veronica asked, holding Chase's arms tightly.

"The worse that we had feared since the beginning."

Veronica ran behind them, followed by Chase.

Arriving outside, Jennifer narrated the truth and cried her heart out. Tears flowed unchecked as Jacqueline held her tightly, regretting the fact that she did nothing to save her sister. Liam got what he wanted.

"Oh my God, he raped her," exclaimed Veronica, placing a hand over her heart as she understood their conversation.

"We need to help them without Alexander's and Liam's knowledge," said Chase.

"But Alex-"

Chase turned towards her and gripped her arms not too tight but enough to held her steady.

"Open your eyes Veronica. They are biological brothers. Alexander loves Liam; he won't send him to jail or kill him for what he has done to Jennifer. I know this is betrayal but redemption too. They don't deserve the pain. Help me, help them to escape. There's no need for a second Emma."

Veronica was loyal to Alex because of her mother. Betrayal against Alexander was the one thing she would never think of but Chase had a point. For how long they will have to pay for the Reeves' brothers dirty deeds?

"If I help you, promise me Chase that neither Alex nor Liam can know. They won't hesitate to kill us."

"I promise."

Making a plan on the parking lot of the bar, only Veronica and Jacqueline went back to the mansion. They cannot let the brothers know that Jennifer had been found. Veronica switched the security camera off and deleted the footage that they both entered the house. She then handed a bag of cash to Jacqueline.

In less than half an hour, they were ready to leave.

Arriving at the airport, Jacqueline thanked them both for risking their lives.

"I will never forget what you two have done for us but you must know one thing. They will pay for what they have done to my sister."

"Alex didn't hurt her," Veronica immediately butted in.

"Maybe but he failed all his promises and I know that no matter what he will side with his brother eventually. He will forgive him because family comes first for him. I pity him but I've seen it in his eyes quite a few times. Goodbye. I hope we don't meet again."

"Wait," Chase said. "Before you leave there is something I have to confess."

Veronica knew exactly what, she shook her head slightly, trying to hint that now's not a good time.

"Liam had complained to Alexander that your brother was a thorn in his way so Alexander ordered for him to be killed. Liam was supposed to kill him."

"So did he?" Jacqueline asked, couldn't believe her ears that Alexander was behind her brother's murder.

"Someone in Alexander's gang did it."

Veronica heaved a small sigh of relief. She knew that Chase feels guilty but after so much has happened to them, they wouldn't have bear another shock.

Jacqueline couldn't hear more and pulled her sister out of the car. She retrieved their luggage and walked inside not sparing a glance behind. Her heart felt heaving and tears filled her eyes.

In a few hours they were already in the air returning back to the city that never sleeps.

Placing her hand on Jennifer's to grab her attention, she said, "They will pay the price for messing with our lives. I will avenge Jaden and you."

'And Emma.' She thought.

Upon returning to New York, Jacqueline rented a much better apartment in a safer neighborhood with the money that Veronica had given her. She will owe her for the rest of her life and will never forget the favor despite the fact that she sided with Alexander.

Both sisters stayed confined in their little abode for a few days to avoid any attention from anyone close to the troublesome brothers.

Jennifer spent the days watching the rain falling or reading newspapers. Her sister has forbidden her from going outside as it was too risky. While Jacqueline on the hand always wear a hoodie whenever she left the house at night to buy them groceries or other necessities. It was the only way to stay out of the grid.

They were living a pathetic life which will change for good soon.

"Jennifer," Jacqueline had to call her name twice before she turned and smiled.

"I have a plan."

Sitting on the couch, she placed her hand on hers thinking how everything have turned upside down and cost them much.

"I want you to start packing the little stuff that we have because we are leaving New York for good tomorrow night."

Jennifer was clearly startled by the sudden move out and questioned her of where they would be going.

"Philadelphia. I think there's someone over there that can help us."

As far as Jennifer recalled, she doesn't remember having a relative or family friend over there. Her sister has been leaving the house every night in secrecy so it's pretty sure she must have come with something good.

"I will drop you at the station and leave for a task. If I don't arrive, I want you to leave without me."

Jennifer's eyes opened wide hearing her confession. She started shaking her head side to side to say that she doesn't agree with her plan. Placing both hands on her sister's cheeks, Jacqueline whispered.

"I can't let them live in peace after disturbing our lives. I have to make them pay but also I have to keep you far from all of this as well because if anything happen to you, I won't be able to live with this guilt."

Tears pooled Jennifer's eyes as she hugged her sister. She knows that Jacqueline has planned something very dangerous, something that will risk her life but won't tell about.

"Everything will be good from now on."