32

"What's going on here?"

Theo enquired from one of the bodyguards when they arrived at Woodside Estate. The place was swarming with classic cars and a few black Mercedes here and there. Valets were popping in and out like the place wasn't a home but a five star hotel.

"There's a party in honor of Veronica's return to Celestia ma'am."

"Okay, thank you."

Theo found himself peering in an entrance where the guests were coming in little by little. They didn't waste time to climb the stairs and went towards their respective rooms to get ready.

"Where were you?"

Veronica asked the moment Jennifer entered her room. Unlike her messy self, the latter was beautifully dressed in a body-hugging yellow gown and her lips were painted extremely red as if she has been suckling on cherry, strawberries and other juicy red fruits. Hands on her waists with a deep scowl on her face, she looked very frustrated.

Jennifer wondered how she was going to explain to her so she formed alphabets with her fingers.

B-E-A-C-H.

"Beans, baby, bitch, oh you mean beach, you were at the beach with Theo?"

Jennifer nodded, trying her best not to deal with more exhaustion. But as Veronica moved from the view of the bed, her eyes fell on a short dark blue sequin dress with long sleeves. It looked absolutely gorgeous under the cozy lights shining from the chandelier in the room.

"This is a designer dress from my mum. Because you're not eighteen yet, she thought that this will be cute on you instead of a gown to make you look elder, do you like it?"

Jennifer knew trying to convey her feelings would be hard to Veronica so instead she hugged her, making sure she's not ruining the thousand dollars gown.

"I assume you adore it, anyways don't be late. Guests are already present."

She didn't need to be told twice. After a quick warm shower with lavender scented body wash, Jennifer styled her hair into large curls and slipped on the short dress. It was a little too sexy compared to the one she wore earlier but it won't make a difference because some of the female guests she had seen had pretty much little to none on their skin.

Feeling satisfied of her look; she slipped on a matching colour wedge and marched towards Theo's room. She can't wait for his reaction because he had never seen her in something so formal and expensive before. Money looked extraordinary on her but she still wanted his approval.

"Come in," Theo yelled after her two knocks.

As soon as the door opened, Theo dropped his blazer on the polished floor as he took in her attire with a gentleman look. He was definitely more than contended.

"Close the door, please."

Why?

"I need to compliment my girlfriend and I don't want paparazzi catching us in the act."

She captured the joy in his smooth line through her beautiful smile. Closing the door, Jennifer made sure it was locked as well when Theo's hands pinned on it.

'No one turn their fucking back on me.' Liam's first threat resonated loud in her mind. Opening and closing her eyes a few times whilst reminding herself that Theo is nothing like him, she turned around meeting his hazel that seemed to be shifting between brown to green up close. His strong cologne that no doubt had to be branded wafted through her sense.

He is not Liam. Letting the thought completely consumed her brain, she let his hand moved seductively from her waist to her exposed thigh. His fingertips knew exactly how to tease her. She didn't fear Theo; in fact she loved the way her body responded to his touch.

Jennifer allowed his tongue slided across her mouth tasting a little juicy as if he has been drinking some local fresh made juice; mango or pineapple, she didn't know exactly what but she loved him exploring her mouth.

His body fully pressed hers against the door, hands around her waist leaving no space while they kissed like there's no tomorrow.

We should go before Veronica gets mad at me again.

"You're right because she actually yelled at me, telling me to hurry the hell up to be precise when she gave me this suit."

Likewise, she is pretty concerned about us.

"We are in the devil's lair, she has all the reasons."

The evening consisted of groups of menacing people, millionaires, and two-faced businessmen with their mistresses by their arms and lots of guns. Everywhere Jennifer looked while she sauntered, arm linked with Theo, she would catch the glimpse of all models of guns, either with the personal bodyguards or the person in question himself. If she is right, she had to be the youngest in the room.

"Well, if this isn't the most deadly party of the year," Theo said when he returned with two non-alcoholic drinks in hand which Jennifer wondered how he managed to retrieve as all she could see and smell were wine. "I had at least three old men asked me who's mafia offspring I was; Italian, American, French or Russian; so stereotypical."

They at least considered you as one of their own while for me; they looked like they might devour me with their mysterious gaze.

"But you know they can't. We are in Celestia's home and we are her important guests. None of them can dare."

"I know."

Jennifer and Theo didn't mingle with anyone except he nodded to anyone with a tight smile who would stare at them longer than enough; a little tip that Veronica shared with them when she asked whether they were enjoying this feast. It would give the notion that they are familiar with mafia even though they are new faces.

"You're quite the center of attraction here, Veronica," Theo laughed, taking another sip.

"I don't think it's me. It has to be you and the simple looking girl standing so close to you, no offence Jennifer, that's increasing their curiosity."

None taken.

However their conversation was interrupted when a young woman dressed in a formal dark blue gown clink her wine glass with a spoon. All eyes turned to her where Celestia Diaz looking refined as they've met her stood next to her with a mic in her hand.

"Oh no, I told her not to make a speech about me. Why can't she listen?"

"This should be fun."

"You seemed to be in a good mood Theo, pulling my leg and all, is there something that I should know but somehow I don't?"

Shut up and listen.

"You told us to keep quiet, am I right?"

Not as gently as you thought.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen! I appreciate all of you coming here tonight on such a short notice. As I've said this gathering is in the honor of my beloved daughter Veronica whom I'm seeing after five years thanks to Alexander Reeves."

A loud boos and thumbs down soared across the room much to the surprise of the trio who didn't know the amount of haters Alexander has until now.

"That's right folks because of his unstable, psychotic but now dead brother, my life turned upside down. It was too easy for him to shove a case of money into my hands and told me to get the fuck off. But today it all ends. With you all as my allies, my daughter, Chase we will take him down. We'll crush Alexander Reeves to bits."

This time it was loud applauds and when it ended, hell broke loose.

"FYI people of the underground, I'm not that easy to crush."

Hearing his voice, Veronica pushed Jennifer behind the rectangular pillar and stood closer to Theo as all eyes fell on his unexpected presence. Despite all the security, he was somehow present with his personal army in her mother's home.

Peeking through little gaps available, Jennifer managed to see Alexander smirking at the crowd and turning his head behind. As she followed his gaze, her heart nearly leaps out of her chest. A smiling Liam joined his brother's side.