3

The alarm in Jaden's phone disturbed his beauty sleep. He was completely worn out after yesterday's clean up and also the encounter with that man. His mind worked on his words all night and he feared for his sister's life. Somehow he is going to rely on Jacqueline's martial arts today as he has an important task waiting for him.

He showered with cold water, cursing at the same time as the atmosphere was chilly enough and dressed in khaki pants and long sleeved shirt. It was presentable enough for a job hunt.

Arriving in the kitchen, he spotted Jacqueline, eating her breakfast alone. Jennifer must be still asleep. He sat down and ate what she has prepared for him with caution as she wasn't exactly a decent cook.

"Take very good care of Jennifer. If that douchebag comes again, don't hesitate to use your martial arts on him. Alright sis," instructed Jaden.

Jacqueline nodded and sipped on more coffee.

"I'll crush him like an ant."

"Be careful though, he is quite tall," added Jaden.

Once done, he went in the girls' room. Like predicted, Jennifer was still asleep. He placed the strands of hair that were on her face behind her ear and bent down for a gentle kiss on her forehead. It stirred her in her sleep but he patted her shoulder, making her regain her sleep.

Jaden smiled and bid goodbye to her.

He and Jacqueline have decided to go for job hunts on alternative days so as not to let Jennifer alone for a single second but still they would have to come up with an alternative solution in case both of them succeeded in getting jobs.

Losing their parents in a car accident and their house to cover debt was terrible enough. All they have is each other's support.

He checked most of the places that he had highlighted on the newspaper but still it was a luckless day. Either girls wearing skimpy dresses are getting the job or it is already reserved for someone else.

He still didn't lose hope and entered the last place he has chosen. A three star restaurant that needed a manager but before he could give an interview, an excited girl rushed out the room, gleaming with happiness. He stood up along with the two other candidates and left the place heads down.

It was a little chilly in the late afternoon yet his body was sweating due to exhaustion.

He wiped the sheen of liquid on his forehead and kept on walking until he couldn't and stopped to buy a bottle of fresh water. The city looked very bright with all the lights illuminating from the giant billboards and street lights after sunset. He leant against a wall on a not very crowded place and observed around.

Everyone was hurrying just like this morning. He though didn't want to go home with a bad news.

After calming down a bit and regaining his energy, he starts to walk to find a bus stop or a taxi. He knew that there was no use of trying now. It's too late. Jacqueline will go tomorrow and he'll have to try again the very next day.

Lowering his gaze down exhaustingly for a few seconds, he collided into someone. "I'm so sor-"

He stopped amidst when he realized that it was the same man who had misbehaved with Jennifer yesterday. Before he could say another word, he found himself being caught by huge arms and shoved into a van which drove for a while and then stopped.

He was pushed out violently and found himself surrounded by people who looked more like criminals in an abandoned building compound.

"Jaden Smith is the name, right?"

"Yeah and who the fuck are you?"

"Liam, the guy who couldn't resist the charms of your sister," he said with an evil grin. An outburst of anger made Jaden grabbed Liam's throat and pinned him on the ground.

"You bastard, don't you dare say a word about her." Jaden tried to strangle him but eventually, he was dragged away and held firmly by Liam's goons.

"Oh I'm not just going to say a word about her, I'm going to do everything I can with her," Liam whispered the last part, making Jaden even angrier.

"If you touch her, I'll kill you."

Liam laughed crazily and removed his gun in a swift, pointing it to Jaden forehead. He unlocked the gun and points it again but his hand started to tremble. His lips parted as he inhaled and exhaled heavily as if he is having an attack.

"Just do it already," yelled Chase, one of the best fighters of Alexander's gang.

"I can't do it, I can't, I'm a good boy, I'm changed, I don't kill anymore, I'm a good boy," said Liam while pacing forth and back worriedly. Jaden was surprised by his action but immediately concluded that he is no less than a psychopath.

Chase grabbed his shoulder and looked at him in the eyes, "Boss said if you can't do it, I will."

"Alright, you will kill him because I'm a good boy and good boys don't kill," he said confusedly.

Jaden couldn't help but stare at them. His life is in one of their hands.

"Please don't do this. My sisters have no one else. Please I beg of you," he cried to Chase but these men were too cold-hearted to listen to him.

Chase looked at Jaden in the eyes and shot him right on his head, making blood splattered. The sound of the gunshot echoed in the air while everyone watched Jaden's body fell to the ground with a thud.

"Should we burn his body?" Someone asked.

"No, drop it on the doorstep of his apartment; let his sisters know that they are alone now," announced Chase with a blank face. He turned to Liam who was pacing around and still murmuring, "I'm a good boy and I don't kill."

"Chase what shall we do with Liam, he is clearly not in his mind right now?" One of the goons asked.

"I'll have to take him to Alexander Reeves; he's the only one who can handle his brother's madness."