20

Jacqueline dragged her small grey suitcase along the railway platform with her little sister walking beside her with a bag pack. Thoughts flooded their memories as they settled on a bench watching people hurrying up to get to their home after a tiring day.

They wish that their lives were as simple as the strangers walking around without bothering of each other.

Jacqueline handed the tickets to her sister and checked the time on her wristwatch. There was still two hours left before the arrival of their train.

"You stay here and wait. I'll be back," said Jacqueline.

She stood up and walked a few feet until she couldn't hold herself anymore. She was walking into a suicide mission and something had been disturbing her since the day she started planning. Turning around, she noticed her sister looking at her with teary eyes. Jacqueline lunged forward and wrapped her arms around her, bursting into tears.

Caressing her hair, she whispered.

"If I don't return, you leave."

She turned and walked away briskly not bothering to hear her sister's pleas. Climbing the stairs as fast as she could, she started walking towards her enemy's den.

Reeves Club.

Throwing her hoodie on her head, she jogged as fast as she can until she arrived fully exhausted in front of Reeves Club. The bouncers as usual were verifying Ids, the security guards standing silently, the neon sign shining and rock music blasting through the speakers. But today was special. Reeves Club was celebrating their tenth anniversary.

Too bad, they won't celebrate an eleventh.

Jacqueline entered the club using the kitchen door, fiddling with its lock. Everyone was so busy in their respective task that they didn't notice an unexpected entry. Hiding in the supplies room, she waited with patience until everyone was summoned inside the club to celebrate the tenth anniversary.

To her shock, she spotted the Reeves brothers, laughing and smiling.

She has been right all along then. Her suspicions have been confirmed. Alexander will never hate his brother no matter how vile he can turn. He will always back him up.

Seizing the opportunity of the absence of the employees, Jacqueline grabbed the oil cans and started spilling them everywhere; the floor, stove, walls, electric plugs, doors and windows. Next, she tampered with the wires which caused a momentary blackout but then the disco lights shone everywhere, enlightening the moods of the guests further.

They were cheering and celebrating. Too bad it won't be for long. Jacqueline lit a match and smiled to herself.

"Happy birthday."

She watched the obedient flame arousing in the oil, blackening the walls and started to transform the place into a war zone. Smoldering, the fire devoured everything in its path. Clouds of noxious smoke formed causing the fire alarm to go on which resulted into water sprinkling from the top but due to the tampering of the wires, it couldn't do much as the fire already reached in the midst of the celebration.

A grin spread across her face as she walked away from the sparks of red and yellow brightening one of New York City's renowned club. Reeves Club looked beautiful, dangerously beautiful with the colors of autumn destroying it.

Jacqueline observed the flames leap, growing much bigger. The air smelt of burning, acrid, chemical infused and choking. The sound of people yelling was music to her ears. She became so selfish in the obsession of revenge that she cared no more for innocents. She watched them rushing out covering their mouths and coughing the smoke.

Her smile grew bigger thinking of her siblings.

All she wanted was the destruction of Liam and especially Alexander, the mastermind behind the ruination of her family.

Peace settled in her heart.

Without wasting any time further, Jacqueline sprinted on the busiest roads like a fugitive who is on the run. Her lungs and heart were pumping but the air didn't seem to be enough; panic trembling in her exhausted limbs.

But she knew that she can't stop for Alexander's goons had spotted her amongst the crowd of shocked people and was now behind her.

Wiping the sweat from her forehead, she brushed against passer by shoulders and continued her way hearing the sounds of boots coming from behind.

On the other hand, Jennifer checked her wrist watch for the nth time realizing there was only five minutes before the train left. The railway platform was almost deserted with one or two souls sleeping in the corner.

She feared for her sister's life. She knew she was up to something nasty but didn't know what exactly. Tears pooled her eyes. She didn't have the guts to abandon her sister. The sudden sound of boots clinking grabbed her attention. She stood up to see her sister standing few feet away from her, a grin spread on her face only to be replaced with a frown after the sound of a gunshot.

Jennifer covered her mouth and let the tears fell down her cheeks.

"Run. Jenny run," Jacqueline yelled as she turned around and lunged at the man. Being in a state of confusion, Jennifer watched the blood oozing from her sister's back. Yet, she was struggling with two persons to keep them from getting to her.

"Jennifer run," her sister yelled once more.

Grabbing the suitcase with one hand and holding her bag with the other, Jennifer entered the train seconds before the door got closed. She let go of the luggage and placed her hands on the glass, watching her sister getting killed mercilessly.

The man and a young girl kept on punching and kicking her sister until her body gave away lying like a piece of trash on the platform.

The world turned into a blur and so did all the sounds as Jennifer's hands remained plastered against the door with tears sliding down her cheeks. The last painful emotion slammed against her as the train started moving.

A scream came from the bottom of her stomach and reached her throat, somehow it managed to attract the attention from strangers as she collapsed on the floor.

"Are you alright dear?" A concerned young lady asked, crouching beside her.

Jennifer breathed heavily. Her tears stopped. She looked at the woman in the eyes and answered, "Fine," hearing her own voice for the first time.

 She looked at the woman in the eyes and answered, "Fine," hearing her own voice for the first time