8

Jacqueline cannot wait to confront Alexander when she found that Liam is his brother. Arriving at her workplace, she quickly changed into the sexy waitress outfit, cursing Alexander out loud. She earned quite a number of stares from her colleagues.

"If you want to say something about me, you say it on my face like a real woman."

"We were not talking about you."

"I'm not deaf, sluts."

The exit line had their jaws dropped. They could have rebuked but they didn't because... well.

Jacqueline was nothing like them. She was at Reeves Club to serve people expensive wine and small portions big price food not to please her boss' desires. She tried keeping her anger at bay but when lunch time rolled in; she couldn't stay quiet no more and directed herself towards Alexander's office.

The bodyguards that were scattered around, smiled at her because they thought she is one his toys.

"Why are you smiling?"

"None of your business, girl."

"You guys looked ridiculous."

But they laughed at her and she knew exactly on whom to take all that anger out.

"You liar," yelled Jacqueline by barging inside Alexander's office angrily and slamming the door hard against the wall.

The two men who were sitting opposite of their boss jolted in surprise and shared a confused glance. With a slight nod from him, they excused themselves politely and left the room, not daring to look at the girl's face as they have never heard anyone talk to their boss in that tone. She must be special.

"Should I remind you again who is the owner of this place, Miss Jacqueline?"

"Oh! Don't you Miss Jacqueline me. Liam is your brother, that scumbag, piece of shit, pervert is your brother."

The palm of her hand slammed on the mahogany table hard. Alexander grabbed his cigarette from the ashtray and turned his armchair around facing the skyscrapers of the gorgeous town New York.

"Don't turn your back on me, I deserve an explanation."

Jacqueline's patience was on the breaking point. Her fingers were clenched into a fist which was ready to collide to Alexander's perfect jaw.

However Alexander didn't utter a word as he was preparing an essay mentally to calm Jacqueline down. These two sisters were poles apart. One was gentle as a lamb while the other one was exasperated as a rampaging bull. He has committed a mistake unknowingly. He doesn't side with his brother's fatal attraction towards a mute girl but at the same time he is all that he has. He can be strict towards him but for how long?

Smoke soon started to fill in the air but before it reached her, he puts it back in the ashtray and glared at her. Her arms were folded under her chest making her look sexier. He couldn't help but stared at her and smirked. After all he's a man and her anger is contributing in her smoking hot look.

Jacqueline removed her arms immediately and adjusted her blouse and skirt. She wasn't there to please his lustful desires like other girls who entered his office at any time and always leave with a satisfying grin on their faces. She wanted to make money through a decent way unlike some desperate coworkers.

"I swear to God I don't know that Jennifer was the same girl that Liam liked but I promised you, in fact I give you my word, Liam will never hurt her."

"Oh really Mr. Alexander Reeves, I don't trust that rapist brother of yours so my sister won't work there anymore."

"That's much, my brother isn't a rapist, we have never forced a girl to open her legs for us, they always do it willingly and yes I agree it was a mistake which won't happen again. Your sister is safer at my house than at yours, she's under full security. Liam will never hurt her and besides she has already signed a contract."

If only Jacqueline had asked him of his family, this moment will have never arrived. Anger was boiling deep like lava who wants to escape the volcano. Her face was red with suppressed rage, mentally she's all set to snap but she was aware that there was no other choice. They both needed the money and Alexander Reeves pays well. In fact very well for a mere job like a waitress or even a servant.

"Okay fine but if I see even a single scratch on my sister's body and the culprit happens to be your fucking brother, I will torture him personally, deal Mr. Reeves?"

Alexander had no choice but to shake her hand professionally. It was the only way to calm her down. Once she has left, he called William and ordered to keep a strict eye on his brother whenever he is in the house along with Jennifer.

If Liam happens to mess up, he will face his elder brother's horrifying wrath first and then Jacqueline's.

Feeling claustrophobic in his own office, he had to leave. None of his bodyguard was to follow him. He drove his Audi through the busy streets of New York, mindlessly without a destination in mind. Veronica's words rang loudly in his ears.

Will he regret his action?

Or what if the doctor is right?

What if Jennifer is the one who can cure him? But she herself is mute, traumatized by the death of her brother and is extremely afraid of Liam. It can or mostly cannot be her. Endless questions and unconfirmed answers, that's all he could think of.

Unknowingly, he found himself driving towards the cemetery. From all the persons he has sent to the gallows of death whether by fate, his order or unwanted accident, only one of them crossed through his mind and that's when he feared for Jennifer's life.

He stopped abrupt and stared at the grey stones, shining under the sunlight. He can't let Jennifer suffer a similar fate.

He became determined to crush Liam's wishes in order to protect her.

He will do anything for her.