Chapter III

Jennie was about to ask more a little about Jisoo but a car stopped infront of the park. A middle-aged woman got out from the car walking to their direction.

"Jisoo, it's time to go home. Oh, it looked like you've met a friend here." Jisoo's mom said and gave Jennie a smile.

"She's Jennie. I just met her yesterday." Jisoo said and stood up.

"Hello, Mrs Kim. Nice to meet you." Jennie bowed as a sign of respect.

"Nice to meet you to dear, I'm glad Jisoo is making friends. Come to our house sometimes. We have to go now." Mrs Kim said.

"Bye, Jisoo. Bye, Mrs Kim." Jennie said and waved at them. Jisoo clings to her mother, again with head hung low.

"I just hope I could see the beauty of it. But sadly, I can't."

"What does Jisoo meant by that?" Jennie thought. She remembered a glimpse of sadness in Jisoo's voice while saying those words.

From now on, she decided to go on park everyday to get to know more about Jisoo.

-

Jennie woke up with a smile plastered on her face. Irene will gonna treat her today a snack. She can't wait for it. She went to her bathroom, took a bath, brushed her teeth and dyed her hair. She changed into her school uniform and went to the dining room.

"Good morning, mom." Jennie kissed her mom's cheek.

"Good morning, dear." She smiled and served up their breakfast for today. Pancakes and bacon.

Jennie is happily eating her breakfast and her mother noticed it.

"You've never been this happy before." Her mom said.

"It's nothing, mom. By the way, I met a friend. It happened to be our neighbor." Jennie said.

"That's good. Make sure to bring her here."

"Okay, mom." She smiled.

She finished up her breakfast and made her way to YG high. The school is a walking distance so Jennie doesn't need to ride a car or bus.

She was just on time when she get there. Her friends, Lisa and Jeongyeon greeted her and they all sitted to their desk.

"After 3 hours of agony, I mean, Chemistry. It's break time." Lisa is now hyped up.

"I can't join you for today's break time because me and Irene will go together." Jennie smirked.

"Jennie, wake up girl." Jeongyeon teased.

"Wait and you'll see." Jennie said.

They entered the cafeteria and Jennie spotted Irene at the corner. Foods are already in their table. Jennie walks towards her and Irene smiled.

"Thought you wouldn't show up." Irene said.

"Sorry for being late. So, you ordered already?" Jennie asking what's obvious.

"Yeah. Let's eat." Irene said and took a bite on her hamburger. Jennie also started to dig in on her food. They shared a conversation while eating.

Jennie is preventing herself not to stutter around Irene.

The bell rings and they separated their way with both smiles painted on their faces. Jennie can't contain herself from blushing when she got Irene's number.

-

Jisoo, as usual, is now at the park again after her classes. She brought more cookies and give Jennie some, if ever the younger girl comes again. She was busy folding a paper when someone covered her eyes.

"That's a no use, Jennie." Jisoo said. Jennie grinned quickly removed her hands and sat down beside her.

"What did you do today?" Jennie asked.

"Just studied some lessons. You?" Jisoo plainly replied.

"Well, today I shared snacks together with my long time crush. I was so happy. And guess what?! I got her number." Jennie giggled.

"Good for you then." Jisoo said.

Jennie once again lifted Jisoo's face. She tucked some strands of Jisoo's hair on her ears. And removed the hood from her hoodie.

"Done. You don't need to hide such beauty, Jisoo." Jennie said staring at her.

Jisoo became more shy at Jennie's actions and words.

"T-thank you." She said stuttering.

"Is it just me or you wear black everyday. I mean, black hoodie, black tee, black pants and black vans?" Jennie asked curiously.

"Cause it's my favorite color." Jisoo said.

"I've been living in dark ever since I was born. I hated it at first but I started to embrace it and love it." Jisoo half smiled.

"Did you have a bad experiences that made you trapped in darkness?" Jennie asked.

"I've been living in the dark. Literally. I can't see colors aside from black."

"Yes, I'm blind." Jisoo continued.

Jennie was taken aback. That explains why Jisoo always keep her head low. That explains why Jisoo never look at her in the eyes.