Chapter XXIX

sorry i had to reupload this chapter but don't worry i'll update the next chapter later.
-

Birds chirping and noise of the playful children in the playground are filling up the air. The two are currently sitting at their usual spot.

Jisoo, who's looking down, has her mouth shut. She doesn't know what to say to the younger girl. She often steal glances to the said girl.

"You're like a human dumpling. Mandeuk!" Jisoo suddenly blurted out that made Jennie to look at her with a frown. The older girl just let out an awkward laugh and a peace sign.

"Can I pinch you?" Jennie asked shyly. Well, she's still half-shocked on what's happening right now.

"Uh, sure." Jisoo said looking at the latter weirdly.

Jennie reached out the latter's cheek and gently pinched it.

Her cheek is so soft like a marshmallow.

"Oh, shit. You're really real." She mumbled and the older just chuckled.

"Now, that I can see you, I must tell you have the looks. But I'm prettier." Jisoo tried to wink but failed to do so.

"Conceited! You can't even wink." And with that, Jennie laughed.

And then silence, again, kicked in.

"How have you been?" Jisoo asked looking her with a hint of guilt in her eyes.

"I've been doing good, I think. I wasn't just used going here at the park everyday because you suddenly disappeared. Just like water turned into gas." Jennie said. Her eyes showed signs of sadness and hurt.

"I'm sorry." Jisoo simply said. With sincerity, of course.

"Uhm, Jisoo. About the letter?" The younger asked hesitantly and the latter fidgeting on her fingers trying to compose herself to explain.

"Hey, Jennie! I've waited for you to text me. I should have gotten your digits instead." Said the girl who just ran across the street. She felt embarrassed when she knew Jennie wasn't only the person there.

"Whoever you are, you're a life saver." Jisoo said in her mind.

"I told you I wasn't interested." The older girl plainly said, she's annoyed at Krystal who interrupted her conversation with Jisoo.

Krystal gave Jennie an apology. She then set her eyes up on the other girl, which is Jisoo.

"She seems familiar" Krystal thought.

Out of embarrassment, Krystal excused herself and started making her way out in the park.

"Sorry about that." Jennie said, looking at the older girl.

-
this stayed in my draft for a long time