Chapter V

The weather is so nice today, it's sunny but chilly. Jennie, who has a day out today, is so happy and excited. She was just seeing Irene from a far before and now, they're going out. Her closet is now a total mess, she was having a hard time choosing an outfit. She needs to look good for Irene.

In the end, she decided to just dressed simply.

She went to the mall using a cab. She texted Irene informing her that she's on her way. And will wait her at an ice cream parlour.

She handed her fare and got outside from the cab and went inside the shop. She sat at the corner and waited for Irene. Five minutes passed, there was a girl who came towards her. Flasing her sweet smile.

"Sorry, I'm late. Have you been waiting for so long?" Irene sat at the chair facing Jennie.

"No, I just came here like five minutes ago."  She smiled.

"What flavor would you like for your ice cream?" Irene asked and stood up to order.

"Just sit there and let me order. What flavor do you like?" Jennie asked.

"You sure? Okay. Green tea flavor, please." Irene said and handed her some money. But Jennie insisted to pay.

Jennie went to the counter and ordered a one bowl of milk flavoured ice cream and one green tea flavoured. She gladly took the tray and went to their table.

They started to eat with their ice cream.

Irene grabbed a tissue and wiped a cream near on Jennie's lips.

"There was some cream over there." Irene said.

"Thank you." Jennie blushed and was shy over Irene's actions.

"Uhm, what do you want to do next?" Jennie asked as they get out from the shop.

"Let's watch a movie. It's on me this time." Jennie was about to protest but Irene quickly went to the ticket booth.

Jennie just decided to buy a popcorn and soda.
They went to the cinema room and watched a romcom movie.

There was a little bit of awkwardness at first but they got comfortable from time to time.

"You up for arcade?" Jennie asked when they're done watching the movie.

"Yes!" Irene excitedly said. And held Jennie's wrist. They hurriedly went to the arcade.

"Let's bet. If I win, you should do me a favor. And If you win, I will do you a favor." Jennie challenged Irene from the basketball booth.

"Call." Irene said.

They both positioned themselves and started to shoot the balls. Jennie was determined to win the game. So, she exerted an extra effort.

After a minute, they both looked each other's scores. Irene pouted.

76-75 in favor of Jennie.

"Get some stretch, old lad." Jennie grinned.

"1 point difference ain't that bad, kiddo." Irene rolled her eyes.

"So, about the bet?" Irene continued.

"Not now." Jennie did her famous wink.

They went to the crane machine after that. Irene is struggling to catch the bunny stuff toy and Jennie was just laughing at her. Irene finally gave up after so many tries.

"Watch and learn." Jennie said.

Jennie focused herself in getting that bunny, when she pressed the button, the claw successfully got the stuff toy.

Irene jumped out of excitement.

"Why are you so happy? It's mine." Jennie said, making the older one frowned.

"Here. Turn you frown upside down." Jennie handed her the bunny and smiled.

Irene was grateful and hugged Jennie. She was startled by the act. She tried suppressing her smile but was failed to do so.

"Thanks for today, Jen. See you in school" Irene said and went inside their car. Her brother fetched her.

Jennie's smile never fade, she looks like she's not in her sane. She decided to buy a chicken because Jisoo mentioned it's her favorite food. A total opposite of Irene who doesn't eat chicken.

-

Jisoo is getting impatient. She thought Jennie would come today. Because they promised to each other everday except Sunday. She already made ten paper planes but still no sign of Jennie.

"Did she get rid off of me already?" Jisoo whispered.

"Nope. Why would I?" Jennie who just came in said.

"Oh, you came." Jisoo smiled.

"Of course, I'll never break any promises. Anyways, I bought some chicken." Jennie said.

"Yay!" Jisoo giggled.

"Open your mouth, I'll feed you." Jennie said.

"I only can't see, Jennie. I have my hands, you know. Am I a baby or someth-" Jisoo didn't finish her sentence when Jennie shove a chicken in her mouth.

"You talk too much. Yep, you're a baby. You're my baby." Jennie laughed.

Jisoo blushed on her words and Jennie saw it. So, she teased the older girl.

"Did you get swayed when I said you're my baby? Kim Jisoo has a crush on me!" Jennie making fun of Jisoo.

"Crush my face. I'm way too beautiful for you." Jisoo said sticking out her tongue.

"I thought you wouldn't come." Jisoo said while munching on her chicken.

"About that, I forgot to tell you. Me and Irene went out today. We went to the mall, ate some ice cream, watched a movie and played on the arcade." Jennie was so happy while talking about how her day went.

"You seem like you had so much fun." Jisoo said.

"I did." Jennie smiled and recalled when Irene hugged her.

"She hugged me." Jennie blurted out.

Jisoo felt an unfamiliar feeling on her chest. It felt it was pinched or pierced.

"Oh God, I think I have fallen completely to her." Jennie started to daydream.