Chapter XXVI

a/n I'm not supposed to update today because some may think I'm fooling around but... here's an update.
Enjoy!

It's around 2 or 3 am in the states, everyone in the neighborhood is probably snoring including Kim Jisoo. But her sleep was interrupted by a constant ringing from her phone.

"I'm trying to sleep in peace here." She mumbled before checking who the caller was.

Her brows met in confusion when she saw 17 missed calls from Lisa and 8 from her sister, Irene.

Yep, they're now in good terms after some talks and all.

She was about to call Lisa back when an incoming call flashed on her screen.

Lisa: Oh, Thank God you finally picked up.

The caller said full of worries.

"I was asleep. Do you know what time it is here, Manoban?" Jisoo said with her sleepy voice.

Lisa: You need to come home as soon as possible.

"I'm coming back in a month. Why the rush? Just get straight to the point, I'm going back to sleep."

Lisa: It's about Jennie.

"I'll surprise her. She still doesn't know, right?"

There was a little pause after Jisoo spoke. She heard a deep sigh over the other line. She's now sensing that something is not right.

Lisa: She's here at the hospital. Currently in the operating room. Critical condition. She was shot while trying to save a child in the grocery store.

And with that, Lisa broke down. She lost her grip on her phone. Jisoo's trying to process what she just heard.

She quickly picked up the phone and spoke to Lisa again.

"Hey, Lisa. You must be kidding, right. I know you miss me and want me to go back home already." Jisoo said in the verge of crying.

Lisa: I wish I was but it's not. I'll have to hang now, unnie. Bye.

She was just sleepy minutes ago but now she's wide awake because of the news. She quickly texted Suho.

To: Suho Oppa

Please, book me a flight to Seoul as soon as possible. I need to go there. Thank you, oppa.

It's a good think that Suho knows someone working on airlines.

Why is this happening?

Why did something happen when I supposed to see her for the first time?

She immediate pack her back. She only put some clothes including her favorite hoodie given by Jennie.

Jisoo doesn't know what to do with this remaining time. She can't wait to go back home.

She paces back and forth, biting her lips.

She then decided to text Lisa.

To: Lisa

Any updates?

The poor girl didn't set her eyes on something except her phone. She's waiting for Lisa's reply.

From: Lisa

Still on surgery, unnie. An internal organ was hit by the bullet.

A tear fell in her eyes, again.

To: Lisa

What organ?.

She waited for the girl to reply but she received none. She also tried to text her sister but same as Lisa, she got none.

1 hour.

2 hours.

3 hours passed, she still didn't get an update.

The sun is already rising. She's feeling hopeless now. She hated herself because she can't do anything.

Her phone rang.

To her dismay, it wasn't Lisa nor Irene. But it was Suho.

From: Suho Oppa

Booked you 10 o'clock this morning. Will send you the details later. Why are you suddenly going back?

With that message, she prepares herself to go in the airport.

To: Suho Oppa

Emergency. Thank you so much, Suho. I owe you big time.

She was really thankful for that guy.

From: Suho Oppa

It's okay. You're like my little sister. I'm going to pick you up and will drive you the airport.

Jisoo didn't reply back and she goes straight to the bathroom.

Cold shower always clears her mind whenever she's in deep thoughts, it gives her comfort. But it didn't work this time.

She's worried. Freaking worried.

If she could just teleport to Seoul now, she would. But she's incapable of that. She ain't no superhero.

In the middle of her showering, her phone beeped.

From: Lisa

They couldn't removed the bullet. The placement of it was too crucial. Unnie. She's in the ICU.

She closed her eyes helping herself not to break down any moment. She's trying to breathe and calm herself.

The shower was turned off and Jisoo immediately got out from the bathroom.