Chapter VIII

"Lisa?" Jennie creased her brows. She was confused why are the together right now.

"Oh, hey there Jen!" Lisa said nervously.

"What are you doing here? Why are you with Jisoo?" Jennie said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"She came over and accompany me while waiting on you." Jisoo answered.

"Thank you for today, Lalisa. 'Til next time." Jisoo said.

"It was nice meeting you." Lisa smiled.

Jisoo opened the gate. She was about to enter inside when Jennie spoke.

"Sorry, I didn't come today. I promise to come tomorrow." Jennie said.

There was an awkward atmostphere when two left outside Jisoo's house. Lisa's debating on herself whether to explain to Jennie or just walk straigh to home.

"Care to explain, Lisa?" Jennie started.

"Well, I was so curious to meet Jisoo, so, I took this day as a chance to finally see her. There's nothing wrong about that, right?" Lisa said.

Jennie doesnt know why she has this feeling to not share Jisoo to anyone? Maybe she's just protecting the older one from other's judgements or maybe, just maybe, she's jealous?

"Ugh, this is so frustrating." Jennie groaned.

"Huh?" Lisa said confusedly.

"It's nothing. Go home, already. It's getting late." Jennie said and started walking to her home.

-

The next day

"Class dismissed." And as if on cue, the bell started to ring. Finally, class has come to an end for today. Jennie fixed her things and is getting ready to go to the park. She has to make up for today for ditching Jisoo yesterday.

Jennie started to walk when she noticed it would rain anytime soon. Fortunately enough, she brought her umbrella. She already got off from the school and it started to rain. She started to walk and she noticed Irene was standing at the shed.

The senior turned her head to Jennie and waved. Jennie immediately went to her.

"Still waiting for your brother?" Jennie asked.

"He can't come. Wrong timing, I didn't bring my umbrella with me. It seems like there's no taxi coming here." Irene sighed.

Jennie bit her lower lip." Maybe Jisoo didn't go at the park today because it's raining." She thought.

"I'll just walk you on the nearest bus station." Jennie said.

"Thank you. Before that, let's go to the café and drink hot choco or coffee if you want. My treat." Irene said.

Jennie agreed and they both made their way to the café. Irene went to order and Jennie was left alone at the table.

She's now worried about Jisoo. She shrugged it off when Irene came with their orders.

-

When the rain started to drop, Jisoo was hoping there would be Jennie Kim who'll open her umbrella for them to not get rained. But her hopes led to disappoinment once again because there was no Jennie.

She started to shiver from the cold, her clothes are now starting to get soaked from the rain.

"Jisoo! You're going to get sick at this state." Lisa hurriedly went to Jisoo. She handed Jisoo the umbrella and took off her jacket.

"Remove your hoodie." Lisa said. Jisoo protested at first but at the end, she obliged.

Lisa then gave her jacket to Jisoo.

"No, you should use it. You might get sick." Jisoo said.

"Please, just wear it." Jisoo left with no choice so, she wore it.

"Come on, let's go to your house." Lisa grabbed Jisoo's hand while her othe hand is holding the umbrella.

"Wait, Jennie might come here." Jisoo said worriedly.

"Jennie's too busy to be here right now." She said with irritation in her voice.

She was about to grabbed coffee earlier after class when she saw Irene and Jennie at the café. So, she hurriedly went to the park and search for Jisoo, under the rain.

Lisa is so mad at Jennie to keep Jisoo waiting for nothing. What's make it worse is, it's raining and the older girl got rained waiting for her.

"Come in." Jisoo said when they're already infront of her house.

"No, I'll just go home." Lisa said shyly.

"Come on, I wouldn't take no as answer. I just want to repay your kindness." She said.

Lisa got no choice but to follow Jisoo walked inside their house.

Jisoo's mom welcomed the two and gave them each a towel. Lisa was shy at first when she introduced herself but as time passed, she got comfortable and was treated like Mrs Kim's own child.

"Here's hot choco and cookies for the both of you." Mrs Kim said.

Lisa assisted Jisoo in getting cookies and for holding her cup of hot choco.

"Oh, by the way, where's Jennie?" Jisoo's mom asked.

"She's busy with her school works, mom." Jisoo lied.

"Okay, enjoy yourselves there. I'll just go upstairs."

-

Jennie was walking from their spontaneous 'date' with Irene at the café. The rain already stopped and the sky's is getting darker.

She stopped at the park a bit to see if Jisoo's there, it was a relief when Jisoo wasn't there. "I thought, I broke my promise." She thought.

When she's near at her house, she saw a familiar figure.

It was Lisa. If her stare has the power to kill consider Jennie as dead now.

Jennie was about to greet Lisa when a fist landed on her face. She was shocked at Lisa's sudden action.

"Is my face a punching bag or something? What the hell is wrong with you Manoban?!" Jennie said while touching her jaw.

"I should be the one asking you that, what the hell is wrong with you?!" Lisa shouted and grabbed Jennie's collar.

"Damn it! I don't know what are you saying." Jennie said trying to removed Lisa's hand away from her.

"Don't even make promises you can't keep, Kim." Lisa turned around and walked away.