Chapter XXXVIII

a/n: double ud for today. here's another chapter for y'all. nuff with the fluff

Months later.

It was already afternoon and Jisoo's class ended so early. She has nothing to do now. She decided to walk to her girlfriend's department and wait for her there.

Whe she got there, she sat on a bench, grabbed her book and started to read while waiting for Jennie.

Jisoo's reading was interrupted when her phone rings continuously. She picked it up and answered.

"Where are you?" Irene said on the other line.

"I'm at Jennie's department, waiting for her." She replied, feeling nervous because of Irene's voice.

"We'll be there and pick you up. It's an emergency." Irene said. Before Jisoo can evem answer back, her sister wasn't on the line anymore.

Her heart started to beat faster. She felt so uneasy.

She decided to text Jennie informing her about it. She then made her way to the exit.

After a few minutes, a car stopped in front her. Suho was driving and the couple were in the back seat.

"Where are we going?" Jisoo asked curiously but no one dared to answer. So, she kept her mouth shut during the ride.

Her forehead forming into a frown when she realized where they are.

"What are we doing in a hospital?! Please, tell me." She said, getting so anxious on what's happening.

"C'mon, let's go." Irene said, holding her arm.

They get inside a room. There was a man lying in the hospital bed, tubes were inserted on her body. A life support machine.

Jisoo suddenly felt her knees weakened when she saw the sight.

It must be her father.

"Is he...?" She asked silently to Irene.

And Irene just nodded, trying so hard not to breakdown.

Eventhough Jisoo despised his father for leaving them, she still has that soft spot for her dad.

She went beside him, thinking twice if she'd hold his hand or not. But in the end, she chose to hold.

It was the first time, Jisoo felt the warmth a father has to provide for his child. It gave Jisoo goosebumps.

Seeing her father for the first time in this situation is making her really sad.

"Jisoo?" Her dad said weakly, having a hard to utter some words.

"It's me, dad." She said, a tear fell on her cheek.

The sick man tried to open her arms giving her daughter a signal to hug her.

"I'm so sorry, my baby." His voice cracked, his breathing's becoming shallow.

"It's okay now, dad. I forgive you." Jisoo cried on his father's chest.

He brought his hand on her daughter's hair and rubbing it slowly.

"Dad loves you." He whispered.

After a few minutes, a loud beep was heard in the room. Irene started to let out her eyes she's been keeping for a while now.

Jisoo got startled and was confused what was going on, she looked up to the machine showing a flat line.

She ran from her sister and hugged her so tight.

"Unnie, why now?" She asked, pouring her hearts out.

"Daddy always wanted to talk to you and fix whatever he ruined but was afraid and was too coward to do so. So, he watched you from afar. He was the one who searched for your donor." Irene said.

And with that, Jisoo cried even more.

She waited for this moment, meeting her father. All those years, Jisoo wanted to feel what is like have a father on her side. Telling her he loves her.

But she couldn't believe that her first time meeting his father would also be the last one.

Life is so unfair sometimes.

-

releasing the last two chapters tomorrow since I'm already done with it ;)