Chapter IX

In the morning, Jennie went to school with a light bruise on her face because of Lisa's punch. It hit her that maybe Jisoo waited again for her. She decided to go today and apologize the older girl.

When she arrived at their classroom, Lisa isn't in her desk yet. Jeongyeong went to her and asked what happened in her face.

"It's nothing, Jeong." She said plainly.

"I see. Do you know where's Lisa? She doesn't usually come to school late." Jeongyeon said.

"I don't know and I don't care." Jennie said as she rolled her eyes.

"Did you two fight?" Jeongyeon asked curiously.

"Can you shut the fuck up?" Jennie said with stern face. Jeongyeon, on the other hand, was shocked.

And when Jennie realized what she said, she cursed at herself.

"What the hell is wrong with me?"

She went to Jeongyeon and apologize for what she had said.

"I'm sorry, Jeong." She said sincerely.

"Forget it." The latter said.

The class started and Jennie was spacing out the whole time. Good thing, their teacher didn't even notice it. She's looking at her watch everytime.

It's now lunch time, still no sign of Lisa. She sitted with Jeongyeon and they silently ate their lunch.

-

Lisa is now on Jisoo's room, monitoring the older girl's fever if it went low already.

When she woke up earlier, she received a text from Jisoo's mom asking for a favor to look out for Jisoo.

"Good morning, Jisoo." Lisa said when she noticed that the girl finally woke up.

"Lisa?"

"Yes. I'm here to look out for you. Your mom has an important meeting." Lisa said.

"I'm sorry to disturb you." Jisoo said.

"No, it's okay. I'll just go and get the porridge." Lisa said and went to the kitchen. She took a tray and put there the porridge and a glass of water.

After a couple of minutes, Lisa went back to Jisoo's room and tried to feed up the sick girl.

"I can manage, Lisa." Jisoo said obviously shy.

"I insist, okay. Open your mouth." Lisa fed her like a baby.

"You like Jennie, don't you?" The thai girl asked all of a sudden making Jisoo choked from her food.

"What question is that? We're just friends." Jisoo said not answering the question.

"In denial. You're so obvious." Lisa chuckled.

"Fine, I like her." Jisoo confessed.

"But she likes someone else, so, what's the point?" She continued and let out a forced smile.

"Love really is like a domino effect." Lisa said.

-

Jennie was excited to go home and to see Jisoo at the park. She walked in a fast pace due to her excitement. She was just down earlier but the thought of meeting Jisoo today gave her energy.

She somehow missed Jisoo's company.

She arrived at the park and was dismayed not seeing the girl who always wear hoodie.

"Maybe she's still studying." Jennie thought.

She took out papers from her bag and started to make paper planes while waiting on Jisoo.

One, two, three... eleven. She already made eleven paper planes but Jisoo didn't appear yet.

And today, Jennie felt the same feeling when Jisoo waited for her in the past two days.

It's like waiting for a snow in summer time.

-

Poor Jendeukie

Poor Jendeukie.