Chapter XXIII

"I do look tall in here." Jisoo smiled while looking at her phone.

"Because I bent down when we took that." Suho winked and received a playful smack from Jisoo.

Jisoo's chatting with Lisa. She asked the younger girl to send a pic of Jennie but it was so blurry.

Despite of the picture being a total blur, she stared at it. Smiling so lovingly as if it's clear to her eyes.

"Even though it's not the pic I wanted, atleast, I got to take a glimpse on what you looked like. It's better than not seeing you at all, like I used to." Jisoo said to herself.

"Why are you smiling all by yourself? Are you smiling at our picture?" Suho said obviously making fun of the girl.

"You wish." Jisoo smirked

Suho and Jisoo met months ago. It was when Jisoo decided to wander around the area but ended up being picked by those guys who wanted to get some money from her.

"If you don't want to get harmed, give me your money." One of the men said.

"I-i don't have." Jisoo said looking so scared.

"You don't have? Its impossible. Give me your jacket."

"No. No, not this." Jisoo said. It's the only thing that came from Jennie.

"Hello, there, oldies. The girl said she doesn't have money. Are you deaf?" A guy appeared in the scene.

"Mind your own business." The guy said and still forcing Jisoo to give her what they wanted.

"Hello, officer. There are some disrespectful pieces of junks here at the **** and they're currently picking on a lady." The guy said on the phone.

Those bunch of guys seemed to be scared so they let go of Jisoo and ran away.

"Thank you." That's all Jisoo can say. Still in shock on what happened.

"It's okay. Are you a Korean?"

"Yeah."

"Omo. Nado!" The guy said happily making Jisoo chuckled.

"Why?" Suho asked.

"You're funny."

"I'm not funny. I'm Suho."

"I didn't really call the police." Suho continued.

The two laughed. And that's how their friendship started.

-

It's saturday. Jennie decided to get out from her room. And raised her brow when she saw Lisa sitting comfortably at their couch.

"What brought you here, Manoban?" She asked while walking closer to her.

"Well, I know you'd probably go to the park today and will stopped by at Jisoo's house, so, I decided to go with you." Lisa said.

"For what?"

"I just wanted to meet Park Chaeyoung."

"Okay. I'll get going."

After that, the two went out and started to walk to the park.

"Wanna buy an ice cream, Jen?" Lisa asked when she saw a ice cream truck.

"Yup. Buy me the usual one." She said.

Jennie chuckled on the way to the tree. She remembered when they first met. Because of the ice cream.

Jennie sat at their usual spot. Looking around the surroundings.

"I miss you." Jennie whispered.

"I miss you, too." Lisa said and then laughed.

"Yah! You startled me." Jennie said looking annoyed.

"Here's your ice cream." Lisa handed her a cone of milk-flavoured ice cream.

"You really miss her, don't you?" Lisa asked.

"Of course, I wouldn't come here everyday if I don't."

"I miss her, too." Lisa smiled sadly.

"I hope she'll come back already and tell her how I really feel." Jennie said getting teary-eyed.

"Ey, don't cry."

"Jenjen."

Jennie looked up to her.

"I'm sorry." Lisa said sincerely.

"Why?" Jennie asked in confusion.

"Nothing." Lisa smiled and got up.

"Let's go and meet Park Chaeyoung." Lisa said excitedly.

-
double ud