Chapter XXI

"I'm Chaeyoung, Park Chaeyoung."

Jennie shaked the girl's hand. She thought maybe she'll get information on Jisoo through her.

"When did you move here?" She asked.

Chaeyoung, who's preparing drinks for both of them stopped and answered her.

"Last night." The chipmunk-like girl smiled and offered Jennie a glass of orange juice.

"Thank you. Uh, how's Jisoo?" She said after taking a sip from the juice.

"She's fine. I hope she'll do good today." Chaeyoung said.

"She'll do good today? Why what will happen?" Jennie asked curiosly.

Chaeyoung puts down her glass and was about to answer the latter's question when a phone suddenly rings up.

Jennie excused herself for a while.

"Hello, mom." Jennie said.

Where are you? It's getting late. Come home already, Lisa and Jeong are here. Her mom said on the other line.

"Okay, mom. Bye." And with that, she hung up.

"I'm sorry, Chaeyoung. I need to go. Thank you for your time and it was nice meeting you." Jennie stood up and started to walk off.

"Thank you, also, Jennie. It was nice meeting you, too." Chaeyoung smiled.

-

A week later

It's nearly 9:00 am in the morning, Jisoo is done changing her clothes. She let out a deep sigh out of nervousness.

Today, they have an appointment on her ophthalmologist. The bandage wrapped around her eyes will gonna get removed.

When she stepped out in her room, her mom and Seulgi are already waiting for her in the living toom.

"Let's go." Her mom said as she held Jisoo's cold hands.

"Jisoo, he'll be the one who will drive us today." Seulgi said with a teasing tone.

"He got a license already?"

"He's 19."

"Okay, hush there, ladies. We're going to be late. And you don't want him to be waiting outside forever, right?" Mrs Kim said.

The two just laughed.

They made their way outside.

"Good morning, Mrs Kim." He greeted and bowed.

"Good morning, handsome." She replied back with a smile.

"Good morning, Seulgi noona and Jisoo." He said.

"Good morning." The girls said in unison.

They went inside the car and drove off to the hospital.

-

The doctor is almost done unwrapping the bandage.
All of them were excited for Jisoo.

The doctor spoke.

"Sorry for spoiling your excitement, but I have something to say." The doctor hang her head low.

"What is it, doc?" Jisoo's mom said worriedly.

"After checking her up a while back, I can say that the result of the surgery didn't go the way it was supposed to."

"I'm sorry. We did everything we can."

"But you said a week ago after her operation, it was a success." Her mom said.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Kim

I was just kidding." The doctor nervously smiled. And gave her a peace sign.

All of them excluding Jisoo were relieved.

"Sorry, guys. It was my idea." Jisoo chuckled.

It's time.

"Open your eyes slowly. For them to adjust by the lights." The doctor said. She gave Jisoo a mirror.

Jisoo slowly opened her eyes. At first, it was blurry. But after her eyes adjusted, her sight became clearer.

For the first time, she looked herself at the mirror.

"So, this is what I looked like." Jisoo smiled looking at the mirror.

Finally, the darkness became into light.

Her mom and Seulgi are watching Jisoo. They can't help but to tear up because of overwhelming feeling they have for Jisoo. And the guy , on the other hand, was smiling from ear to ear.

"I'm happy to finally see you"

-
lol