Chapter IV

It has been a week since Jennie met Jisoo. They grew fonder to each other despite Jisoo's disability. Jennie didn't look at it as a barrier of their friendship. Now, she has this feeling to protect the girl even she's the younger one. It's now part of their schedule to meet up at the park after school hours.

Jennie ran off when she saw Jisoo walking at the sidewalk. She overtook and stop infront of her causing Jisoo bumped unto her.

"C'mom. I'll give you a piggy back ride in exchange of the cookies." Jennie said and bent over.

"Nope." Jisoo said and started walk again.

But Jennie was persistent. She tried again, succeeded this time by forcing Jisoo.

"Hey, put me down!" Jisoo said.

"Na ah." Jennie said and started to run.

"We might fall." Jisoo said.

"Ehhhhh airplane." Jennie shouted acting like a child. Trying to endure the weight at her back.

"You're like a child." Jisoo said as Jennie puts her down.

"I am a child." Jennie said using her aegyo.

"And now, you're cringey." Jisoo laughed.

Jennie was amused looking at Jisoo laughing her ass off. She's happy to see a sparkle in Jisoo's eyes. Unlike before, it was dull and emotionless.

"How are you and Irene going?" Jisoo asked that made the younger one blushed.

"We've been texting each other these days. I'm too shy to ask her out. I mean, like hang out or something." Jennie said.

"A coward." Jisoo teased.

"I'm not, I just hate being rejected because it hurts like hell." Jennie said.

"If you never try, you'll never know." Jisoo said.

"Aish. Whatever." Jennie said and grabbed one cookie and put it all in her mouth. She choked. Jisoo offered a water she gladly took it.

"You need to take it slow." Jisoo said.

"Have you ever been in love?" Jennie asked curiously.

"I don't know if it's called love because we were just kids before. I met someone also, here in the park. We were so close, we became best friends. She was my knight in shining armour protecting me from the bullies." Jisoo smiled reminiscing the good old days.

"Where is she now?" Jennie asked.

"She went abroad to study." Jisoo shortly replied.

It was a long silence after that. It broke when Jennie let out a big burp.

"Excuse me." She said and Jisoo laughed again.

"You're cute when you laugh. You should do that more often." Jennie said and pinched Jisoo's cheeks.

"I wonder what you look like." Jisoo said.

"I'm pretty. Prettier than you." Jennie confidently said.

"Conceited much." Jisoo chuckled.

"If I just met you earlier than Irene, I think I would fall in love with you. Your flaws are what made you perfect." Jennie confessed.

Jisoo just forced a smile.

"I'm gonna take you away from her." Jisoo joked.

"Never." Jennie said and she began tickling Jisoo.

"Please, not again." Jisoo said to herself.

-

Jennie is finally home. She was tired from both school and park. She straightly went to eat her dinner and got in to her room. She took her phone and sent a message to Irene.

To: Bae Irene

Hi :)

After a couple of minutes staring at her phone, she got a notification.

From: Bae Irene

Hello :)

Their conversation continued asking each other how their day went. Until such time Jennie bravely asked Irene to hang out this weekend.

From: Bae Irene

I'm free. Saturday it is.

Jennie smiled from ear to ear. After that, she sent her goodnight and doze off to her sleep.

"Who's coward now? Huh, Jisoo." She smirked.