Chapter XXVIII

"It's you."

Jennie's smile dropped. Her hope was so high a while ago and  now she's left with disappointment.

"Huh?" She said with a confusion in her voice.

"My mom's been eyeing you to be a model. She always notice you here in this spot. We live across this park." The girl said.

"I'm not interested." Jennie said trying hard not to sound rude.

"Hey, c'mon. You'll just strike some poses at the camera. I am also a model, and I tell you, it's fun." The girl said holding Jennie's wrist.

"I'm really no-"

"I'm Krystal Jung and you are?" Krystal introduced.

"I'm Jennie. Jennie Kim." She said and smiled fakely.

"Here's my number in case you'll change your mind." Krystal said and handed her a business card. After that, she walked out.

Jennie slumps herself at the tree, not realizing it is hard and rough.

"Oh, shit. My back." She groaned.

1 text message from Jeongyeon

Hey, Jen. I saw Lisa at the airport last night. She's with someone. I think that girl is keeping a secret from us hahaha.

"Who could that be?" Jennie asked herself.

"Maybe a cousin of her from Thailand."

She shrugged.

"Kim Jisoo, when will I ever see you?"

She stares at the business card. Jennie plucked out her phone from her pocket and saved the number of the girl.

Krystal Jung

"Just in case" she thought.

Jennie decided to take a break. She thought of stopping to come here at the park.

No, it doesn't mean she's giving up. She would never. It just pains her everytime she waits. So, she would just rest a bit.

Maybe a week? a month?

When the sun is already setting, she stood up. She started to walk home.

She walked pass at Jisoo's house. She rubbed her eyes to check if she's hallucinating.

She thought it was Jisoo who she saw at the garden. But when she opened her eyes, the person is now gone.

"I was just hallucinating. Guess, I really miss her that much."

She then continues to walk with her head hung low.

-

"Manoban, who were you with at the airport last night?" Jennie asked as they walked out from their classroom.

Classes are over for today.

"Huh?"

"Jeongyeon saw you." She said.

"Oh, that. Uh, it was my cousin, yeah my c-cousin from TH." The latter said quite stuttering. She's hoping Jennie would buy her excuse.

"You sure it was only JUST a cousin?" Jennie teased and Lisa's cheeked turned into crimson red.

"Yes!" Lisa said sounding so defensive.

"Okay, cousin." The shorter girl smirked.

"You would be so happy to know who she is, Jennie." Lisa thought.

The cat eyed girl went straight to her house and changed into a comfy jeans and their matchy hoodie with Jisoo.

"After this, I'm taking my break." She reminded herself.

While walking on the way to the park, she bought an ice cream. And eat it while she'll arrive.

Then, she saw again a girl with that black jacket.

She spoke when she's already near.

"I told you I'm not interested!" Jennie shouted.

She frowned when the girl didn't move.

Jennie pushed slightly her shoulder making the latter to look at her.

"This is my-"

Well, Jennie didn't finish her sentence. She also dropped her beloved ice cream. Is she hallucinating again?

"Oh, gosh. My hallucinations these day are crazy." She said shaking her head.

"There's no freaking way Kim Jisoo is infront of me." She mumbled. She's starting to freak out.

"It's you." Kim Jisoo said, smiling widely.

Before Jisoo got to hug the younger girl she received a slap.

A freaking slap. She can't believe she was welcomed by a slap instead of a hug.

When Jennie woke up from her senses, she realized what she just did.

"Oh shoot. I'm sorry, I just can't believe this is real. I mean, I-"

Jisoo then shut the girl up by hugging her tightly.

"I missed you."

This was so spontaneous. She didn't expect she would finally Jisoo. Jennie doesn't know what to do.

She instinctly hugged the girl back.

"I missed you, too. But you have some explaining to do." Jennie said.

Suddenly, Jennie pushed the older girl. And the latter was shocked. The sudden action left the girl confused.

"Did you just hug me? Wait, why are you looking me in the eye now?" Jennie asked.

"I can see now, pabo!"

"Here's a cookie in exchange to that fallen ice cream." Jisoo chuckled.

It's been a while since Jennie received a cookie from Jisoo. Her first was when she also dropped her ice cream in their first meeting.

And now, she's the one who initiated the hug.

-

double ud because why not?
by the way, thank you so much for reading my stories