Chapter XVI

In the morning, Jennie woke up from an headache. Her mom entered her room without knocking.

"Why did you come home late last night? I'm so worried." Her mom said.

"I was fascinated by the fountain, mom  I never thought it's already late." Jennie said trying to put up a smile.

"Is there something wrong, honey?" Her mom asked as she noticed there's a hint of sadness in Jennie's voice.

"Nothing, mom."

"You can always tell me all your problems, okay? Come on, get your ass up. Breakfast is ready."

Jennie immediately got up from her bed, she went to the bathroom and did her morning rituals.
She wants to go to the park today to confirm if she's really inlove with Jisoo not Irene.

As what they say, a crush is different from love.

She went to the dining table and shared breakfast with her mom. After she's done with her food, she informed her mom to go to Jisoo's house.

Jennie went back to her room and took a bath. She wore her matchy hoodie with Jisoo and went outside.

"Something's odd today." She thought.

She just shrugged it off and made her way to Kim's residence. When she got there, she pressed the door bell.

But no one came to open the gate.

"Jisoo!" She shouted.

She, then, pressed again the buzzer.

But still got the same response earlier.

She gave up and decided to go to the park. Hoping Jisoo's there. She hurriedly walk to the park.

But then, she was again dismayed because there's no sign of a girl there, wearing a hoodie, folding a paper and munching on her cookies.

Jennie went to the tree where they usually sit. She leaned in and closed her eyes. She has to clear her mind now. It's full of questions that are yet to be answered.

When she looked down, she saw a familiar paper. Her curiousity kicked in, and she picked it out.

To Jennie.

That's what written on top. The penmanship was familiar to her, very familiar.

"Why would Jisoo leave a letter here?" She thought.

She opened the paper and was welcomed with an essay-like form of words. She started to read what's written on it. It's making her heart pounds ten times than the normal.

Dear, Jennie.

So, hi? You must wondering why did I write this letter. I just want to say thank you.
Thank you for being a good friend to me, thank you for staying by my side when some chose to leave me. Thank you for accepting my flaws. Thank you for everything.
I want to say sorry.
I'm sorry for not saying this to you personally. I'm sorry because I left you hanging in there.
If you're reading this, I'm probably in the plane now or in the country where I've travelled. I'm sorry.
I tried waiting for you yesterday but it seems like you have important matters.
Please, take care of yourself always.

And there's one thing I've been wanting to tell you,

I love you.

Yes, I fell in love with you. I'm jusy too coward to say it you. And you're too dumb to notice it.

I'll see you soon.

p.s
Be happy with my sister.

Love, Jisoo