Chapter three

The drive, which seemed like eternity, went over in complete silence. I swear it was so silent, that you could've heard two bugs having sex.
I was sitting in the passenger seat while grumpy was driving, his eyes fixated on the street. Well, he thought I would believe that, but every now and then I'd seen him glancing at me. I pretended that I hadn't seen it.

I understood that he was pissed at his manager for booking and bringing me over without his knowledge or agreement. But I couldn't understand the way he was behaving towards me, in the end it wasn't my fault and I was only doing my job.

Maybe that's his character?!

„We're here!" He mumbled while pressing a button on a remote and a gate opened in front of me. Again I was surprised to not see the huge mansion with the pond which you can see on the internet. This house was smaller, but still way too big for one person. For a minute I thought about asking him about his other house, but I knew better than to be all noisy. If we could get on better terms, then I could ask. Now was not the time, to make him think I'd stick my nose in his business, I definitely didn't want to get him pissed even more.

We both got out of the car and I took a quick look around before I followed him up 3 stairs to the frontdoor. Marshall was still quiet until we stepped into the foyer and he had thrown his key chain not so nicely on a small glass table.
„Sam took ya luggage in the guestroom. I'll show ya the way." He didn't even look properly at me, so there was no need for smiling at him.

He'll be a hard nut to crack!

Without another word he walked off and I followed him up a staircase, down a hallway with 3 doors right and left, until he stopped at the end and pointed at the door.
„That's ya room. Unpack or do whatever shit ya wanna do. I'll eat in an hour, if ya want somethin' come down." With that said, he turned around and walked back down the corridor, not even giving me a chance to reply.

Oooh, what a fuckin' sweetheart!!!

30 minutes later I'd unpacked and changed into sweatpants and a simple white, but still tight, tshirt. I have to admit the room was nice, all white with an en suite bathroom and a small balcony. I was happy, at least with the room...

Hopefully he's loosening up.....

I decided to call Nai and tell her what was going on over her and inform her that I arrived safely.
„Heeeey....." she said cheerily into the phone and I plopped down on my bed and smiled.

„Hey Nai. I arrived safely."

„Good. Where you at? You already met him?"

„I'm at his house now and yes, I've already met the bundle of joy." I answered her with a huff and she laughed out.

„Do I hear sarcasm, lady? I remember you saying you can get every guy to like you."

„And I still stick to that, but he'll be a piece of hard work." I sighed and layed down on my back and stared at the ceiling.

„Why? What's wrong with him?" I could hear she became curious but also I heard a slight concern swinging in her voice.

„For starters, he didn't even know I was coming over until one hour before I arrived. So you can imagine he's not really thrilled to have me around."

„Rosenberg hasn't told him?" Naina asked confused and I huffed out.

„Nope!"

„Then it's no surprise that he's acting weird. What is he even doing?"

„He hardly talks and if he does, he's pretty short and grumpy." I sighed and the bitch chuckled. „The fuck is there to laugh?"

„I can imagine how pissed and irritated you are right now. But Chris, just wait, use your charm, bitch." Now I had to laugh and she, for sure, asked the most important question; at least for her. „Soooo, how does he look?"