Chapter nineteen

11 days later

My time here in Dallas had turned out better than I'd thought at the beginning. Slowly I'd warmed up to Dez and after I'd really snapped at him a few times we got along pretty well. For sure his still existing flirting and lewdly comments stepped on my nerves, but other than that he was a great guy.
I'd talked to Naina on a daily base also and besides Dez we only had one topic, Marshall!
My introverted rapper still hadn't called or texted and after 1 week I'd had enough and messaged him.

To Marshall

Hey😊 I only wanted to hear how you are doing?! I miss you

Until this day I didn't get an answer and honestly I was bumped. He could at least write back and even if he had changed his mind about me, tell me to fuck off.

He did nothing of it!

Nai, had tried to calm me every day to not call him and fly off the handle and I appreciated her efforts. Me being bumped and sad simply meant one thing, I was getting angry and in that state I was capable of destroying everything in my way.

That's why I never wanted to fall in love again!

It was my second Friday here in Dallas and tonight Dez wanted to go out. He had talked to a few of his teammates and they planned to go to a club. I really wasn't too keen about the idea, but since he payed me to keep him company, I had to swallow it and go with him.

„Beauty, here's someone for you!" Dez yelled through the house and I stood up from my sunlounger, replaced my bikini and walked inside the house. Yes, I'd revoked my bikini decision from the first day, simply because it was way too hot to wear shorts and a tshirt. The only thing which bugged me were the now more than visible tanning stripes.

Eww.....

I had strolled into the living room to see the Cowboy standing beside a small woman who smiled widely when she saw me.

„Have I promised too much?" He asked her with a quick glance at me and she shook her head repeatedly, before she went towards me and surrounded me one time.

„She is absolutely gorgeous, Desmond. The lord had a good day when he created her!"

Uhm.... hello?????

„The lord with the help of my plastic surgeon!" I dead panned and he laughed out.

„I'm Celine and it is a real pleasure to meet a masterpiece like you!" I furrowed my eyebrows and pursed my lips about her ass kissing behavior and looked at Dez who stood still at his spot and smiled cheekily.

„Dez, care to explain?"

„Celine will do your hair and makeup for tonight. She's the best stylist all over Texas."

Okay?!?!?!

I took a closer look at the small woman in front of me. She only reached until my shoulders, had brown wavy hair, green eyes and to be honest a beautiful face. She was sympathetic, as long as she would keep her mouth shut.

„Desmond said you're going to a club, right?!" She asked me and I nodded.

Don't remind me...

„You already know what you wanna wear? I only ask so I can match your styling."

„I thought about high heels and his jersey." I nodded at Dez and while he started laughing, she looked irritated at me. „I'm just kidding. I don't know what I'm going to wear yet."

„Should I help to pick out something?"

„Do I have another choice?!" I sighed and while she giggled, Dez laughed.