Chapter twenty-four

The whole day I'd tried to avoid Marshall as good as possible. I had no intention to get into an argument with him at his workplace and most likely exactly that would've happened, if we would've talked more than 5 minutes. The talk with Naina was still swirling in my head and while I tried hard to convince myself that he wouldn't have sex with Tasha again, I cannot say I was so sure about it anymore.

„You're pretty quiet today." He stated while we sat in his car on our way back to his house and I shrugged. „Chris, you still can't be pissed about what I said this morning?!"

Well not in your little world.....

„Can we talk about this later?" I asked annoyed and while I thought he got the hint to drop it, he suddenly pulled the car over and stopped.

„How bout we do it now?" He asked aggravated and I turned my head and glared him down.

„You really want to do this now? You sure?"

„Fuck, yeah! Spill it!"

I took a deep breath and then let out everything that was running through my mind.

„First of all, you really think you can dictate what I'm doing? Moving in with you after not even knowing you for 2 months?! I've told you so many times that I'm a very independent person, I run my own business, make my own money, decide where I'm going and most definitely where I'm going to live and being in love with you won't change that. I know that I'd have to compromise in a relationship, but we haven't even put a title on what we have..."

„So you wanna have a title or what?!" He cutted in and I huffed out.

„You can't even talk about what you feel for me, so you really think I wanna pressure you about this too?! Sorry, but I'm not Tasha!" I argued and he shook his head. „Listen, I understand that you need to have your life in order, but you can't just expect me to be okay with that. You ordered me to move in with you and then I come to the studio and see Tasha is working for you again, the girl you fucked Marshall and you just expect me to be okay with all of this. Well, news for you, it is not! I'll happily spend time with you here, but I will also fly back home. It won't do us any good if we're seeing each other 24/7 right from the start and I refuse to mess this up between us. I want this to work, I want to be with you but we both have to give the other room to breath. Marshall we're both adjusted to determine our own life's, we need to give each other time to learn to share with the other, to let the other in, you know?!"

He had listened intensely to every word I'd said and to be honest I started to calm down. Talking to him and telling him my opinion let my anger disappear slowly.

„So you're sayin' I gotta be okay wit you flyin' back and forth between Detroit an Santa Monica?! You fuckin' know what you expect here?"

„Do you know what you expect from me to turn my whole life around?" I asked back and he huffed out. „Marshall you want me to be okay with things I'd normally never agree to. This might work for you but to me it's definitely not!"

„Tasha."

„For example, yes, Tasha!" I confirmed. „Excuse me, but you can't really expect me to be okay that you work each day with a chick you fucked for over 2 months..."

„I fuckin' dumped her because of you!" He raised his voice at me and so I shot back, matching his volume.

„That still doesn't change the fact that you stuck your dick in her!"

God damn, can't or won't he understand what I'm saying?!

„So what? You want me to fire her?"