Chapter twenty-one

A/N
I actually wanted to not update for the next few days, but since my sweet skilliy dedicated a chapter to me, I had to do the same! Thank you b, love you❤️

- go read her stories! She's an incredibly talented writer!!!! -

„The motherfucker said WHAT?" Naina yelled into the phone when I sat in my hotel room and had called her to explain everything.

I'd left Marshall's house after our talk without any more words, had called a cab and take me to the next best hotel. I'd been devastated that he hadn't even tried to understand what I'd told him and just stayed all cold and stubborn. Of course I'd called Nai after I'd checked in and now my best friend was about to flip.

„I really hope you slapped him, Chris. Cause if not I'll fly over now and do it! The fuck does he think he is???"

Yup, she's beyond pissed!

„I've too much class to slap him, I just left...."

„And I hope you won't go back!" She cutted in and I huffed out.

„That won't happen, because Marshall definitely don't want me to come back."

„And if he would?" She asked, instantly calming down when she had heard the sadness swinging in my voice. I was about to cry...

„There's no if!" I answered while the first tear had found her way out of my eyes and I brushed it off.

„Hypothetically.... what if he calls and apologizes?" She pushed it and I swallowed the lump in my throat to not sound all too weak.

„He won't, Nai, believe me."

„Then come home, Chris! When you're so convinced that you've lost him for good, get on the next plane and leave this damn city."

„I'll get some sleep and tomorrow I'll book a ticket." I said and brushed my free hand through my hair before I pulled the covers off the bed and slipped under the sheets.

„Okay, I hope you can rest a little. Love you Chris."

„I love you too, Nai." And the line went dead.

It was 2.48 am when my phone started buzzing beside me and I grabbed it to see who was messaging me this late. As expected I'd hardly found the peace of mind to sleep and so I saw the text instantly and not in the morning when I'd wake up.

From Marshall

Where are you?

Is he for real????????

I sat up in bed while I stared at the message and debated if I should even answer. Wasn't it already enough what he had said? Did he now also feel the need to step on my nerves even more?

To Marshall

Why do you even want to know? I think you made yourself pretty clear!

From Marshall

I told u once, it'll never be too late for u to apologize. Now grant me that!

For a while I only stared at the message while tears were clouding my eyes. He was right, he gave me the chance, but I'd never said or acted like he had.
When he probably thought I wouldn't answer him anymore, I received the next message.

From Marshall

Please!!!!

Ask, Christina!