Chapter twenty-seven

Let the games begin.......

I'd sat down across from Marshall's daughters and placed my cup in front of me, but couldn't let go of it. I knew my hands were shaking and since I wanted to look as confident and cool as possible, I placed my forearms on the table and slided a little forward on my chair.
Since I'd met Marshall I'd been thrown from one difficult situation into the next, but this one topped each one.

Since no one seemed to know what to say or how to start, I again decided to be the one to open the conversation.

„Sooo, what you wanna know?!"

Both girls glanced quickly at each other as if to decide who would start the interrogation and then Alaina asked the first question.

„Where are you from?"

Easy one!

„I'm born in Germany but I live since over 20 years in the States, to be exact in Santa Monica."

„And how old are you?" Hailie went on.

„40." both girls furrowed her eyebrows and I chuckled a little.

„40?"

„And thanks to sport and my beauty doc I don't look this old." As intended they both giggled about my remark.

„Siblings?"

„I count my best friend Naina as my sister, other than her, no."

They fell silent again and I could see that they definitely wanted to ask more, but somehow felt uncomfortable and so I decided to make it a little easier for them.

„You really can ask me anything you want." I assured them. „I won't get mad, or uncomfortable or whatever."

„You own that escort service where Paul booked you, right?"

Now it's getting interesting!

„Yes, together with Naina."

„Since when you're working in that business?" They obviously had decided to switch between each other with their questions.

„Since almost 20 years. For 10 years Naina and I worked for someone and then we decided to start our own business."

„You have another job education?"

„Yes, back in Germany I worked as a secretary."

„And why didn't you work in that business here in the States?"

„Well,.." I took a quick sip from my coffee and looked again at the 2 curious girls across from me. „When I came to Cali I actually wanted to, but found out pretty fast that it's hard because I had no clue about american law. My original plan was to work a normal job and study law besides it, but, as live is, I soon ran out of money. So I had an apartment to pay for but no job and while I was out, I bumped into Naina. She told me about her job..." I chuckled a little about the memory, „and here I am now."

„So you're an escort?!"

„Yes."

„No prostitution?!"

„No prostitution." I assured while I smiled. „We, means me, Nai and the girls who work for us, are a professional company. We go to events with clients, play their girlfriends for the family, or to make their exes jealous... stuff like that."

„And you don't..... you know..." Hailie now started and judging by the uncomfortable way she was talking, I knew what she wanted to know. But I definitely wouldn't cut her off. „I mean, you have no sex with these men?"