Chapter fourty-six

After a 9 hour flight we'd arrived in Frankfurt, Germany and I took a deep breath. Being back on home soil always made me nostalgic. I've loved growing up in this country and most definitely I'd have never left if my parents would still be alive, but losing them had been too much. I had to run as far as possible to not be reminded about them and while I didn't want to go to Australia, I'd decided for California.

„You okay?" Nai asked while she interlinked her arm with mine and I nodded.

We both knew that it was a lie, but she would never talk back when I was in such mood. I was ready to flip on anyone at any second, only to overplay the sadness which had taken over my mind.

„Next stop car rental?" She asked on and again I only nodded.

As always we would pick up our rental car, then drive to our usual hotel, have dinner then I'd try in a weak attempt to sleep and the next morning we would get ready to buy flowers and go to my parents grave.
Only this time we also had to go to the town hall to extend the length of the property rights of my parents graveyard. In Germany a normal grave was reserved for 25 years after death and then they would get the bones out and give the yard to next. But I didn't want that and so I'd pay for the following 25 years.

My parents won't get thrown away somewhere! Not as long as I'm alive!!!

The next morning I was woken up from my cellphone ringing. Well woken up would be exaggerated, I only had to open my eyes and while Naina groaned in the bed beside mine I smiled a little when I checked the caller id before I picked up.

„Why are you still awake?" I asked and the soft chuckle of my boyfriend came through the line.

„I can't sleep without you an I know it's already mornin' in Germany, so I thought I'd call to check on you."

Isn't he the best ever?!?!?!

„Could sleep a lil, babe?"

„Not that much." I sighed and sat up in bed.

„Should I come over?" Marshall asked on and I smiled.

„No, only knowing that you would is enough help. But maybe I'll need you when I'm back home."

„An I'll be there, Chris. You know that, right?!"

„I know."

It was true, I knew that whatever issue I had, I knew Marshall would be there for me.

„When you leavin'?"

„We'll get ready, have breakfast and then we'll go...." again I sighed. Only thinking about the next hours made my sadness even worse.

„I love you, babe! You got this." He stated softly and I took a deep breath.

„I love you too, Marshall....you should sleep a little."

„Told ya, I can't when you're not here.." His chuckling made me smile again.

„But you have to be fit when I come back home."

„You know how much I love when you say home?"

„You're so damn cheesy for a rapper." I teased and he laughed out.