Chapter fourty-five

Needless to say that Marshall had been utterly surprised to see Nai back this fast and also the enormous amount of boxes she'd packed. It actually was funny to watch him while he had counted the boxes and when I'd informed him that I definitely needed my own closet now, he made us all laugh with rolling his eyes and huffing out.

You wanted me here, buddy....

We'd decided to leave the unpacking for tomorrow, when he'd be at work again and then he surprised us, when he said that Denaun was downstairs. The poor guy had trouble with his bitch of a girlfriend and therefore would stay with us for a few days.

Hopefully he'll leave her bitch ass!!

After greeting each other, we'd sat down in the dining room to eat and then we went into the living and plopped down on the couches.
While Nai and I were talking about business, the guys watched sport. Marshall was just turning his head to listen to our conversation, when Nai snapped her fingers.

„Hot piece, before I forget about it....Chris and I have to fly out to Germany in 4 days." Instantly he knitted his eyebrows and looked questioning at me.

„An why you two have to go?"

Ooohhhh that tone......

„It's the anniversary of my parents death and Nai and I fly out each year to visit their graveyard."

„Mhmm...."

Wow......what a reaction....

„We'll be gone for 2 days, 3 days max and then I'll be back." I smiled a little and he took multiple deep breaths.

To be honest, I didn't know why I'd felt the need to explain myself or calm him. I wasn't going on vacation or whatever, I went with my best friend to visit my dead parents grave, this occasion was far from being a happy one.

„An why you have to go?" Marshall asked now and while Nai and I looked confused at him, even Denaun turned his head.

„Man, she just told ya?!"

„I mean why don't ya wait till I've time to go wit you?!"

„Because the anniversary is in 5 days, I can't just reschedule it!"

I admit, I became pissed about his stupid questions. I definitely hadn't wished to only visit their grave and rather call them to plan a vacation and introduce my boyfriend.

„What's the matter, hp? I've already booked the flight tickets. We'll fly out Tuesday and be back Thursday. No problem with that, right?!" Naina stated then and Marshall scoffed and stood up.

„If you say so...." And with that he went out of the room, before we seconds later heard the door to our bedroom being slammed shut.

Is he out of his mind?!?!?!

„The fuck is his problem?" Nai asked with a mixture of disbelief and anger and I shrugged.

„I honestly don't care, Nai. He has to accept and understand that I have to go."

„Should I talk to the fucker?" Denaun offered and I shook my head while I rubbed my hands over my upper thighs and stood to my feet.