Chapter thirty-two

During the whole time I hadn't talked one word with Marshall, to be honest, I was furious. I couldn't understand how he could allow some bitch, he obviously had fucked in the past, to have her hands all over him, although he had asked me to come here with him as his girlfriend. This was offensive and condescending towards me and I definitely wouldn't take this behavior. As nice, quiet and calm I'd acted over the past weeks, as mad I was now. I'd went over everything without complaining but this, letting some little bitch insult me and doing nothing, this was enough!

„You going out with us?" Nai asked me while we walked back behind the stage after the concert and I shook my head. „Chris, come on, you can't really think of giving him a pass for this too?!"

„I haven't said that, but I won't give him a reason to hang something on me either."

„Then what? You'll give him hell and that's it? In 3 days back to square one?"

„No! I'll pack up and fly home to Santa Monica."

Nai grabbed me by my upper arm and stopped me to look at me.

„Chris, you sure about this?" She asked in disbelief and I nodded.

„I won't and can't take this anymore. Either he's mad, or avoids me or this, it's time I put an end to this."

„Chris..." Naina completely changed her behavior into being compassionate and I shook my head and cutted her off.

„This is not me, Nai. This is not who I want to become."

„But you love him." She contradicted and I huffed out.

„Love is not everything and certainly not if he obviously doesn't feel the same. It's time to face reality and go back home."

I was positive that I'd do the right thing. I'd put everything on hold for him, to be there and make him see past my job, to see me as the woman I was. But Marshall had ran everything into the ground with his previous behavior.

It's time to wake up.....

I'd agreed to meet up for breakfast with Naina to say bye and after she'd squeezed the life out of me, I got into a car she had let Aubrey put outside for me and drove to Marshall's house. I honestly didn't know where he was, only that he had left right after his appearance and that was it.

1 hour later I'd arrived at the house, pulled the keys out of my clutch and had just put them into the lock when he opened the door.

„I thought you wouldn't be home this early." He was embarrassed, I could clearly see it, but I didn't care anymore. So I pulled the key out of the lock and just walked past him into the house and towards the stairs.

Marshall had closed the door and before I could take the first step on the staircase to go upstairs and pack my stuff, he grabbed me at my wrist to stop me.

„Christina, can I explain?"

„No!" I said without even bothering to turn around and look at him and tried to get his hand off me.

The idiot has a grip like a vise!

„Chris, c'mon, I'm sorry, aight? Can't we..." Now I had to turn around and cut him off.

„We can't do shit, Marshall! And spare me your weak apologies!" I snarled and could yank my arm free.

„Look, I get that you're pissed, aight? But babe, it wasn't as it looked like, okay? Jody and I know each other for a while an...."

„Marshall, I don't care how long you know this little bitch, okay? Your behavior was more than offensive in there and I am not someone to just swallow it. So I suggest you call the stupid girl, gossip a bit more about me, nail her....cause that's what she obviously wants again and just leave me to pack my stuff!"