Chapter thirty-four

Naina and I had stayed for one more hour and then I had to take her back to the hotel so she could leave with Drake. To say I was sad was an understatement, I already missed her and we both had to fight back our tears. Of course, we'd decided to go on vacation as soon as she'd
finished the booking with the baby face, but now we had another problem.
My precious boyfriend wasn't all too keen about the idea of me and Nai going away for one week and while my best friend found his behavior incredibly funny, I hated that I got the silent treatment from him as punishment.

Right now I was standing in the kitchen and helped Martha prepare dinner when Marshall walked in. His hands were stuffed deep into his sweatpants pockets and I almost laughed out about his demeanor. He was chewing on his bottom lip and let his shoulders hang low, obviously he was sorry.

„You gotta minute?" He asked subdued and I nodded with a smile, placed the peeler and potato on the counter and dried my hands on a towel before I followed him into the living room.

Much to my surprise he instantly placed his hands on my waist and pulled me close before he kissed me softly.

„I'm sorry for bein' pissed earlier. Forgive me?"

„Sure I do." I smiled at him and he kissed me again.

„An for sure you can go on vacation wit ya friend.... I mean, as long as it's here somewhere close, I'm okay."

I laughed out about his words but slowly stopped when I saw that his expression wouldn't change.

Wait....... is he serious?!?!?!

„Marshall, that's a joke, right?" I asked and my confusion completely matched his.

„Why should it be?"

„Because Nai and I want to go on vacation, Marshall! White beach, palm trees..... vacation.... and not doing sightseeing in Detroit?!"

„I get that, but I want you close...." he said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

He IS serious!!!!!

„Or is it wrong to want the woman I just told that I love her wit me?! Chris, I only want you by my side."

There it was, the nuclear meaning behind 3 little words. He already knew subconsciously how to use them against me, not even after 24 hours and I knew that exactly his knowledge would might make me explode one day. But for now I wanted peace and enjoy being in love and so I started instantly to search for a solution.

„It's not..." I assured him with a small smile. „I'll find a solution, okay?"

For sure he smiled when I'd caved in and kissed me softly.

The rest of our evening we spent on the couch and while Marshall watched tv, I searched on my iPad through the internet to find a spa resort in Detroit.

Not easy in Motor city......

I knew that Nai normally wanted white beaches, palm trees, turquoise water and cocktails, but I also didn't want Marshall to feel neglected. I huffed out about my struggle, placed the iPad in my lap and started to rub my temples.

Calm down! You can do this!

„You pissed at me?" Marshall snapped me out of my meditation and I opened my eyes to see him looking worried from the screen of my iPad at me and back.

„Why would I be?"

„Cause you lookin' fo' hotels?" I had to contain a laugh and instead leaned over and kissed him.

Insecurity at its best....

„I'm looking for hotels where Naina and I can stay a week." I clarified and he chuckled awkwardly about his jump to conclusions. „I won't leave you!"