Chapter twenty-five

The next morning I woke up without Marshall beside me and while I first thought he might be already downstairs to eat breakfast, when I rolled over in bed and took a sleepy look at the alarm on his nightstand I shot up.

9.36 am.... FUCK!!!!!

I hadn't realized at all that he had gotten up nor had he woke me to go to the studio with him. I ruffled through my hair, yawned and after I'd stretched my body, my eyes fell on a folded piece of paper beside the alarm clock.

GOOD MORNING BABE

I LEFT CAR KEYS WITH MARTHA, THOUGHT YOU MIGHT WANNA CHECK OUT OF THE HOTEL AND BRING YOUR STUFF OVER.
ADRESS OF THE STUDIO IS TYPED IN THE GPS, COME OVER IF YOU WANT TO.

I smiled to myself about how thoughtful he could be, or maybe he was just selfish as fuck to make sure I'd get my stuff and stay here. Either way, knowing that he wanted me to come to his workplace had let the slight uncomfortable feeling, which had builded in my stomach, disappear instantly. Only thinking about Tasha being around him made my stomach knot and blood pressure rise and while I cursed myself for my overreacting, it calmed me that I could go there whenever I wanted to. I guess this was another way of Marshall showing me that he was serious about us and that I wouldn't have to worry.

What now? Let's do some sport!!

I kind of missed my morning sports routine, but when I'd jumped out of bed, I remembered that I didn't have any clothes with me and so I changed my plan and went into the bathroom while making a mental list.

- Call Naina to send clothes over
- checking out of hotel
- shopping
- go to the studio

I'd showered and after I'd pulled on my underwear, jeans and sneakers, I went into Marshall's walk in closet to get a tshirt. I could deal with the worn jeans, but I definitely needed a new and fresh shirt and so I grabbed a grey one and then walked downstairs into the kitchen while pulling my hair into a bun.

„Good morning sweetie. Slept well?" Martha's cheery personality greeted me and I smiled and hugged her quickly.

„Good morning, Martha, I did. But much too long."

She turned around to fill a cup of coffee for me while talking.

„Marshall didn't want to wake you up, saying you looked too peaceful..." she smiled and handed me my coffee from which I instantly took a big sip. „He left car keys outside for you if you want to go out."

„If? I have to Martha." I said and she laughed out when she saw me pointing at my clothes. „I have to get my bag out of the hotel and I'd really like to go shopping, but I don't know a place where I can go."

„You mean a mall or something?"

„Yeah..."

„Well, why don't you ask me, sweetie. I can explain you where to find it." She offered and an idea popped into my head.

„Or you could just join me?"

„Sweetie, I'd love to, but I still have a lot of work here...."

„Blaaaah," I cutted her off while rolling my eyes and she threw a towel at me which made us both laugh out. „How bout this? I have to call Nai anyway to ask her to sent clothes over, you can work a little, then we go to the hotel and the mall and I bring you back here before I drive to the studio. How does that sound?"

„Sounds good." She smiled and so did I.

„Then I think we have a plan."

At 3 pm I'd checked off every point of my mental list, had brought Martha back to the house and now just arrived at the studio. I only had changed my underwear and jeans quickly before I applied some mascara and lipgloss and went to see Marshall. I grabbed the box with cake and brownies, which I'd bought for the guys, from the passenger seat and jumped out of the car.