Chapter fourty-eight

The following week had actually been kind of stressful for me. After I'd heard what was going on between Naina and Denaun on Friday, Saturday a subdued Porter showed up to talk to me. I ain't gonna lie, I was still pissed that they'd left me in the dark for so long but having Marshall sitting beside me and occasionally rubbing soothingly over my back, calmed me immensely.

In the end I'd decided to help them to find a house, since Denaun had to help my boyfriend with finishing up his album. I knew that having Nai here would be wonderful and so I'd started with calling realtors on Monday.

Tuesday I'd already had the first 3 appointments to look around houses and since I knew that Naina trusted me blindly that I'd find the perfect place to live, by the end of the day I'd bought house number two. To say they were surprised was an understatement, but 1 I wanted for Denaun to have a place so he could get away from Mira as fast as possible and 2 I knew that it bothered Naina that he was still staying with her.

Wednesday I'd taken Martha with me to look for furniture for my friends house and while I face timed with Naina the whole time, we'd almost picked out everything they needed so she could move over soon. She was already packing her stuff in Santa Monica and could hardly wait to fly over and see Denaun again.

If this isn't weird, I don't know what is....

Thursday I'd had the appointment with the notary to sign the house papers and get the keys and afterwards I'd met up with a company, which would take care of painting the walls and place new carpets and tiles into the house.
Next week the house would be ready for the two to move in and I have to admit, I was proud of myself. In only 4 days, I'd managed everything they tried to do since 2 weeks.

Now it was Friday and while I normally had planned to relax and spend a quiet weekend with Marshall, once again the universe had another plan.

„You awaitin' someone?" Marshall asked while he stood up from the couch and I shook my head. „Then who the hell is rapin' the doorbell now?" I shrugged with a laugh while he strolled out into the foyer, where a few seconds later I heard Denaun.

„What up, man?"

Oh are you for real???

„You forced me off of my girl, what ya think?"

Idiot...

„Sorry, man...." their voices came closer to the living room and I sat up. „I just couldn't stay any longer with that bitch!"

„Well then it's good that you'll have your own place next week, hm?!" I asked and stood to my feet to hug him quickly.

„Yeah..." Denaun sighed and Marshall patted his back. „We owe ya, Chris, both me an Nai."

„You don't! Nai is family and I help her whenever I have to...." I smiled while my boyfriend stepped beside me and kissed my cheek. „And now make yourself comfortable and tell me what's going on this time."

After 30 minutes Porter had vented about Mira and also told us that he had packed most of his stuff to move out. Of course Marshall had offered him to stay with us and I'd advised Denaun to call Naina. I wanted her to know everything that went on over here and when he'd called her, he informed us that she'd come over on Monday.

3 more days and I'll live in the same city with her again....

Also, much to my surprise, Porter had told me that Naina would also stop with bookings for her person and while I'd widened my eyes about the news, Marshall had laughed out and slapped hands with his friend.

„Don't be surprised, babe. We can't stand motherfuckers around our chicks." He shrugged with a smirk and I squinted my eyes.

„Chicks?"