Chapter nine

The talk with Naina stuck with me over the whole day. I had never declined a booking request, I mean, this was my own business, there was never one single thought of letting Naina down and I knew I would do it if I wouldn't go.
But then there was Marshall.... the first client ever, since I'd started to work as an escort, who made me feel something.....more than just caring. I liked him..... a lot and was on the best way to fall in love with him. Honestly, I couldn't understand myself why it was him or why my feelings developed in superspeed. He was moody, grumpy, chaotic but also strangely obsessed in his daily schedule and work. He definitely wasn't the man I'd pictured myself being with (besides his looks) but someone had decided that he just was it.

And I have to deal with it now.....

My brain felt like a computer with countless tabs open, ready to crash any minute. The ‚what if's' almost drove me nuts and then the constant voice which was yelling „this is not me! I don't do this love shit!" I didn't know what I would do, what would be the right thing to do, this really wasn't me at all. I'd always been the calm, kind of cold and realistic person, while Naina was the impulsive one, I'd thought it would hit her first, but damn I was wrong.

The whole day I tried to decide what would be the right thing to do, but Marshall made it pretty hard for me. Whenever I thought that now I'd made a decision, he somehow appeared behind or beside me and I forgot everything with only one look and smile from him. I could've drowned in his eyes without feeling sorry for myself for dying. And that scared me.

„You gonna tell me what's going on with you?" He asked after we'd left his work place, drove home while only doing small talk and finally arrived at his house. I'd instantly went up to my room to change my clothes in something more comfortable and then went down into the living room where he was sitting on the couch and watched tv.

„Nothing."

„Chris..." he turned his upper body to me while I sat down beside him, leaving some space between us. „I don't know you that good, but I can see something is going on."

„It's just work." I tried to get him to leave the topic, but to my dislike he went on.

„Any problem?"

„No, Marshall!" I said, harsher than I'd intended to and he nodded with furrowed eyebrows, turned to the tv and stopped with his questions.

Damn.......

Until dinner was over and Martha's desperate tries to lighten up my mood again, Marshall and I hardly talked. Now I was not only caught in my thoughts, I also felt sorry for my behavior towards him.
„Christina you know you can talk to me, right?" He suddenly said when we were back in the living room and I looked at him and nodded. „Then tell me what the fuck's going on, man. Cause I feel like I made a fuckin' mistake an I just wanna know how to make it right again."

And I wonder how I could fall for him....

„You did nothing wrong, Marshall. It's really about work."

„Then talk to me, tell me. I let my guards down an talked to you about mine too."

„I have a new booking request..." I sighed out.

„That's great?" He asked confused and I swallowed hard and nodded. „Well, it doesn't seem like it."

„No, no, it is!"

„You're such a terrible liar, lady!" He chuckled and I shrugged. „Your business is doing good, what's there to act weird about?"

„You're right. I should be happy about it." I agreed when Marshall basically had made the decision for me.