Chapter 2

Barry's Point of View.
Thirty Minutes Later.

We arrived in Keystone city, where the Reptile camp was being held. Since we lived in Central city, Keystone city is only thirty minutes away. Joe drove up to the entrance and parked the car. I then got out of the car and grabbed my bag. Iris got out as well and we all walked inside. I looked in awe as we walked through the glass doors. There were posters about reptiles and interesting facts popping up everywhere. A man came up to us and smiled. His name tag said Bill.

"Hi. My name is Bill. I am one of the counselors.", Bill said as he shook Joe's hand. "Are both these kids enrolled?"

"Oh, no. This is Barry. He's staying here. This is my daughter, Iris. She is not.", Joe replied.

"Oh, well I bet your really excited Barry.", Bill stated.

"Yeah. I am.", I replied.

Bill took out a chart and scanned it.

"Well Barry, it looks like I'm going to be your counselor."

"Cool."

"Well, the sign up sheet is over to the right and the gift shop is over to the left.", Bill said pointing in both directions.

Joe nodded as we walked over to the sign up sheet. I ran ahead of Joe and Iris though. As we were walking, I bumped into someone making her freeze and her glasses fall off her face. I reached down and grabbed her glasses and looked at the girl. She had blond hair, blue eyes, and a tiny scar on her upper part of her forehead that was just above the eyebrow.

"You dropped these.", I told the girl.

She smiled and quickly placed her glasses back on.

"Thank you.", the girl responded.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes."

"Sorry about nocking off your glasses and making you not being able to see anything. You looked pretty freaked out when your glasses came off."

"Ah....yes. Yes. I couldn't see at all without my glasses."

"I'm Barry."

"Kara."

We shook hands and smiled at one another. Then, Joe and Iris came up to us, and so did two other adults along with a girl that looked around Kara's age.

"Kara. Are you ok?", asked the woman.

"Yes. I'm fine.", replied Kara. "Ah, this is Barry."

"Hello Barry.", said the woman. "I'm Eliza Danvers."

"Joe West.", Joe said shaking Eliza's hand. "This is my daughter Iris."

"Hi.", Iris said.

"This is my husband, Jeremiah, and my daughter Alex.", Eliza said.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you.", Jeremiah replied.

"So, you here for Reptile camp?", Joe asked.

"Yes. Kara and Alex are both here for the camp. Is both Barry and Iris?", asked Jeremiah.

"No. Just Barry. Iris isn't big into the whole science camp."

"Me neither. But I'm here.", Alex whispered underneath her breath.

I gave Alex a weird look and Kara seemed to notice.

"Ah, so you excited?", Kara said.

Kara was obviously trying to change the subject for some reason.