Chapter 8

Kara's Point of View.
The Next Day.

I was brushing my hair when I got a text from Barry.

Barry: Me and Caitlin are almost here. Where would you like to meet up?

Kara: Come by my apartment.

Barry: Ok. We'll see you soon.

I then super speeded around my house, cleaned it, and got dressed. I wore a pink shirt, black pants, and with a brown sweater. By the time I was done, I heard a knock on my door. I x-rayed it to see Barry and Caitlin. I put my glasses on and opened the door.

"Barry! Caitlin! Come on in!", I said.

"Kara!", Caitlin said.

We hugged and then Barry hugged me, but Barry seemed off. He didn't seem like himself.

"Hey Kara.", Barry said.

"Hey Barry.", I said.

We all stood in awkward silence before they came in.

"So, not that I'm not ecstatic about you guys being here, but you really never told me why you were coming to National city.", I said. Barry and Caitlin both looked at each other as if they hadn't even given it any thought. Either that or something bad happened and they didn't know how to tell me. "Did something bad happen?"

"Oh, no! We...ah...just wanted to...um...hang out. Right Barry?", Caitlin said.

"Oh, um, yeah. We just wanted to hang out with you, Kara.", Barry said awkwardly.

I gave them a confused look and I could see that they looked a little nervous. I just shrugged it off though.

"So, what do you guys want to do?", I asked.

"Have you eaten breakfast yet?", Caitlin asked.

"Um, yes but lunch would sound nice.", I replied.

"Then let's go out to eat."

"Oh, I just need to tell Ms.Grant that I'll be out today."

"Great. We can wait here.", Barry said. "Besides, we wouldn't want to bother your friends at work."

"Oh, ok.", I said a little sad.

In my whole time knowing my best friends, Winn has been the only one to see CatCo, mostly because he works there.

"But, you can tell Winn we said hello.", Barry said.

"Ok. Well, I better get going."

I then rushed out and went to CatCo. I already had a cup of coffee for Ms.Grant so she would maybe be ok with me taking a day off. I stumbled into Winn on the way.

"Kara. Hey. You look great for someone who just defeated Reactron.", Winn whispered to me.

"Thanks. Oh, Caitlin and Barry are in town.", I told Winn.

"Really! Yes! We can have a hanging session. Or, did they just come to hang out with you?"

"Of course not. We're all friends. We are actually going out for lunch soon. You should join us."

"Thanks Kara! You're the best!"

"I just have to convince Ms.Grant to let me have a day off."

"Oh. Good luck with that."

I walked over into Ms.Grant's office and handed her her coffee.

"Kira, thank you for the coffee. Now, I've seen that face before. What do you want?", Ms.Grant said.