Chapter 44

Barry's Point of View.
The Next Day.

I had gone to Star Labs, where Caitlin and Cisco were. I had told everyone, except Kara and Winn about my plan. We were going to use lucid dreaming to send Cisco back to the day he was killed. That way we can get Wells to confess to killing my mother. Me, Cisco, and Caitlin were in the cortex working on the glasses.

"So this will allow Cisco to see into his dream.", I said.

"Theatrically yes.", Caitlin said. "But it could also short circuit and hurt Cisco. We would need a test subject."

"Where would we find someone else who had a dream like Cisco's?" Caitlin and Cisco both looked at one another. "What?"

"Kara.", Cisco said. "When you were in a coma, her evil uncle put her in a dream state where she was on Krypton. And if it short circuits, it won't hurt her thanks to her DNA."

"What if Kara isn't in the helping mode?"

"You haven't talked to her about yesterday yet, have you?", Caitlin asked.

"No. I'm just afraid of what is going to happen. You know, if she gets mad at me."

"Everything will be fine.", Cisco reassured. "Trust us. She won't mind lucid dreaming."

"Who's going to be lucid dreaming?", Wells asked rolling in.

"Um, some people might develop fears of the meta humans.", Caitlin lied. "This might help people through that. We just need the right frequency."

"Well I would start with a specific frequency to get them to talk out loud. Maybe forty-five megawatts."

"Thank you Doctor Wells.", I said with a fake smile.

"Always here to help."

I then left to go to work for a bit. I talked to Singh about his wedding. I the talked to Eddie and he told me he was going to propose to Iris. I hope the future article is wrong and Iris doesn't really marry James, or else Eddie is going to be really upset. I then took out my phone and called Kara.

"Hey Kara.", I said awkwardly.

"Barry.", Kara said awkwardly too.

"I, um, need to ask you for a favor."

"Fine. Just as long as it doesn't involve Winn."

"Why Winn? What happened with Winn?"

"I may of told him about your time jump." I froze. Winn is going to hate me for life. "He just needs some time. I was a little mad at first, but know I realize you made the right call. Even if it was on accident."

"Thank you Kara." I took a deep breath in. "Can you come to the CCPD. Joe, Cisco, and Caitlin are already here."

"Yeah. Of course. I'll be there in a flash."

"Love you."

"Love you more." Kara then hung up. I went up to my lab, as Kara super speeded in. "So what's this favor you guys need?" We all looked at the ground. "What is it?"

"We are putting Cisco in lucid dreaming.", Caitlin said. "But it may hurt Cisco, so we need someone else to test it out." Kara didn't understand what we meant so Caitlin made it obvious. "Someone who has Kryptonian DNA and has been in a lucid dreaming type state before."

"You want me to do it?", Kara asked.

"Only if you are ok with it.", I added. "It's ok if you don't want too. I couldn't imagine reliving something so painful."