Chapter 159

One Week Later
Kara's Point of View

I couldn't sleep. I was nervous beyond belief. Today is the day we were supposed to have the biggest fight of our life. Today is the day I would have to face Reign again. Today is the day I may lose my husband. I was laying in bed, staring out the window. I felt the bed shift. Barry sat up next to me, wrapping his arms around me. I snuggled into his chest, a tear slipping down my cheek.

"Everything will be ok Kara.", Barry said kissing my forehead.

"I'm scared Barry.", I said. "I can't lose you."

"And I can't lose you either." We just stayed that way for a long time before we heard the slight cries of John crying. I was about to get up when Barry stopped me. "I got him."

Barry walked out of our bedroom. After a couple minutes, the crying had stopped. After another five minutes, I went to see where Barry went. I went into John's room and neither were there. I then checked Nora and Alura's room. Barry was standing at their door, looking at the girls sleep as John laid fast asleep on his shoulder. I smiled and planted a kiss on John's forehead.

"I just wanted to watch them sleep.", Barry said softly.

I knew why Barry was doing this, even if he didn't want to admit it. He wanted to see them sleep one last time. We just stood their for a while, watching our children sleep. How did we ever get this lucky? I smiled and wiped off a few tears. I then heard my alarm go off. Barry and I wanted to get to Headquarters early today. We woke up our kids. We all ate breakfast and then got to Headquarters. The rest of the team was there with their kids. There was a lot of tension in the air. None of the kids knew what was coming and they had no idea why we were sending them somewhere safe.

"You are sending us where?", Zoey asked confused.

"Fortress of Solitude, Zoey.", Rene said.

"You'll be safe there.", Oliver said.

"Safe from what?", William questioned.

None of us knew how to answer that.

"Aren't we safer with you guys?", Dick asked looking up at Bruce.

"For this, we would rather have you kids there.", Bruce said looking at both Dick and Jason.

I sighed. I knew everyone was confused.

"William and Zoey are in charge.", I said. "We'll be back later tonight."

I had no idea if that would be the case. None of us knew if we would make it out of this alive. We said goodbye to our kids before Cisco opened a breach for them. After the kids were gone, we started training our hearts out. We were not going to lose this battle tonight. Hours of training and then relaxing seemed to go by within seconds. We had no idea when or where they would strike. It was coming on eight o'clock when a large boom was heard. Felicity, Winn, and Julian rushed to the computers.

"What the hell was that?", Gypsy asked.

"One second.", Felicity said as her and Winn started typing. "It seems to of occurred from the sky almost."

"It was lightning.", Winn said pulling up a satellite reading. "But normal lightning doesn't admit like this."

"It does with a speedster.", Bart said.

"Which means Thawne is close by.", Wally said.

"Which also means Reign isn't too far behind.", Clark added.

Barry tightened his fists slightly. I grabbed his hand in mine.

"You ready to do this?", I asked.