Chapter 147

The Next Day
Kara's Point of View

Barry and I were getting ready for the day. This would be the first time we go into work after being unmasked. It was nerve wracking. We made sure Nora and Alura were wearing their power dampeners.

"Now, encase someone asks, what do you girls not have?", I asked.

"Powers.", Nora and Alura said.

"Good job.", Barry said giving the girls their backpacks. "No one can know about your powers till you are eighteen."

"Ok.", Nora said.

"Can we take John to school with us?", Alura asked.

"No.", I replied. "I know you want to, but John is still a new born. He has to stay with us, ok?"

"Ok."

"Great.", Barry said. Barry then looked at me. "I guess I could technically use my super speed now, right?"

"I guess.", I replied. "This is going to be a new experience for all of us."

Barry super speeded Nora and Alura to school. Barry then came back.

"So who's watching John today?", Barry asked.

"Lois offered.", I replied. "She also said she can pick the girls up from school since we will be busy with work and Cicada."

"Ok." I sighed worriedly. "You nervous about today?"

"More than anything. I have no idea how my employees are going to react."

"Same here. But at least we have people there to support us."

"Yeah. We probably should get going. Don't want to add being late to the uncomfortableness of today."

Barry super speeded to the CCPD. I flew John to Clark and Lois' house and then flew to CatCo. I walked in and got to the elevator to go up to the main floor. Nia and Winn walked up to me.

"You guys ready?", Winn asked.

"I've always been looked at differently.", Nia said. "But now it'll just be because I'm a superhero."

"Yeah.", I said straightening my glasses.

"Why wear the glasses?", Winn asked.

"I guess I don't want to freak everyone out too much."

"I'm sure it won't be that bad.", Nia said.

We then walked into the elevator. As the elevator door dinged open, it seemed all eyes looked at the elevator. Every single person was either looking at us or whispering. I knew this was going to happen when we revealed our identities. But we had to show not just Cicada, but everyone, that superheroes are people too. I was going to say something but I wasn't sure what to say. The elevator door dinged open and walked out someone I have not seen in a long time.

"Ah. The tension is killing me.", Cat Grant said walking into the room. She looked at all the employees. "I'm pretty sure Mrs. Zorel-Allen doesn't pay you all too stare. So she is Supergirl. Big deal. You know how bad ass that is. She's the owner of a huge news company, saves the world, and still has time to raise three kids! So for the love of God, get back to work!"

Everyone out of fear started looking at their computers.

"Ms. Grant.", I said surprised but yet happy. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in DC?"

"Yes.", Ms. Grant said walking into my office. Nia, Winn, and I followed her. "But the moment I saw the broadcast, I got a jet to National City as fast as I could. I knew people in the journalist field would be super staring. They probably are trying to figure out how they didn't figure it out on their own. And Kara-,". Ms. Grant took off my glasses. "You don't need these anymore. No more hiding behind glasses for you."