87. TVD

Season 5 Episode 4

"So he doesn't remember anything?" Willow asked Damon.

"Nope," Damon said as they walked into the living room to find Stefan flipping through his old journals. "Can you fix him?"

"I don't know," she said. "I need to know exactly what witchy business Qetsiyah did to him."

"I can hear you both you know," Stefan said absentmindedly. Willow walked in and sat beside him.

"Is this helping?" she asked, gesturing to the journals.

"Um, remind me of your name again?" Stefan asked

Willow tried to pretend she wasn't hurt. "Willow."

"Willow, right. Well Willow, this isn't helping at all. I know what day it is, what year it is, I know the car outside has a V-8 engine, and yet I have absolutely no memory of who the hell I am."

"Can we assume that his memory will just come back?" Damon asked her.

"If he'd hit his head or something, I'd say sure. But this was done with magic, which suggests that magic might be the only thing that can undo it."

"Well undo it then!"

"I don't know what Qetsiyah did to him. If I mess around with his brain I might make it worse."

"I'm gonna go find Bonnie," Damon said with a frustrated tone. "Maybe she'll be willing to do more." He walked to the front door and slammed it behind him.

"You know that it's not because I'm not willing to help, right?" she asked Stefan.

"I get it," Stefan said with a smile. "You don't want to make it worse. You're looking out for me."

"It's just so weird," she said, more to herself than to him. "I spent the summer worried about you, terrified that something had happened to you. And now that we finally have you back, you can't even remember who you are."

"The universe sucks, huh?" he asked, sympathising with her.

"Big time," she replied.

"So tell me, what's our relationship?"

"We're friends," she said automatically. He raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything. Despite herself, she smiled.

"What?"

"It just... seems like we'd be more," he said.

"Well, for it to be more, you'd have to get over your ex-girlfriend."

"The bubbly blonde?" he asked, referring to Caroline.

"The worried brunette," Willow clarified.

"And I'm not over her yet because...?" he asked.

"She should be the one to tell you," she said. Reminding Stefan of Elena's betrayal wasn't something that Willow really wanted to get into.

"And you're ok with being just friends?" he asked her. She shrugged.

"I'd rather have you as a friend, than nothing at all," she said. They smiled at each other.

***

"Cut!"

"I can't handle this," Cece said. "Stefan is so cute when he's lost his memory!"

"Are you sure you're not just finding the actor who plays Stefan cute?" Paul asked with a grin. Cece pretended to think about it.

"Nope. Definitely Stefan!"