145. TVD

Season 6 Episode 16

Willow walked into the bar to find Caroline sitting on her own. After her mother's death, she'd decided to turn her humanity off.

"Caroline, is everything ok?" Willow asked warily.

"Oh yeah," she said. "Everything is..." she ran to Willow and bit her neck. Willow screamed as the blood drained out of her body and she fainted. "...just fine."

"Caroline," Stefan said through the phone. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I asked for a year," she reminded him. "A year to live without my humanity, to live freely. But because you can't seem to let me have that, I'm gonna kill Willow."

"No you're not," Stefan said quickly.

"Wanna bet?"

"Caroline, you're not thinking straight," Stefan said. "It's fine if you're angry with me, I get it. But don't hurt Willow."

"Why not?" Caroline asked with a smirk. "Because you love her?" when he didn't respond, she continued. "Well I loved my mom, but she still died. Stuff happens Stefan." She hung up the phone before he could answer. "Now, what am I going to do with you?" she asked Willow's lifeless body.

It took less than an hour for Stefan to find Caroline, with Elena in tow.

"Where is she Caroline?" Stefan asked sternly.

"Who?" Caroline asked playfully.

"I'm not joking, where is she?" he asked again.

"Seriously Caroline," Elena added.

"Willow is helping Liam with his surgical skills." Caroline called a number and put the phone on speaker.

"No, please. Please don't hurt me!" Willow screamed.

"What Willow didn't to tell you Stefan, was that after she pledged her allegiance to the vampires of this town, the witches cut her off. She has no access to her magic."

Stefan and Elena had stunned looks on their faces.

"So I thought it would be really symbolic of her betrayal, if I turned her."

"Caroline," Stefan said softly. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have pushed you."

"There's nothing you can say Stefan. I'm sorry about a lot of things, I'm sorry my mom died. But that can't change what's gonna happen."

"Please," Stefan said. "Caroline, don't do this. I understand how you feel, I get it. But Willow..."

"Oh, she should be spared because you like her? I get it. Stefan and Elena get everything they want and everyone else has to pick up the pieces of their damaged lives? Well not this time." She held the phone to her mouth.

"Liam, remember that conversation we had earlier about being honest? Where are you?" Stefan jumped in.

"Whitmore Medical," Liam answered quickly. "I don't want to do this."

"I'll go," Elena said, vamp-running out of the bar.

"She won't get there in time," Caroline said with a smile on her face. "Liam... kill her."

Liam stabbed her in the heart, despite her screams of protest. Within minutes, she was dead.

Elena arrived to see Liam standing over the dead body.

"I'm sorry," Liam said, in tears. "I didn't want to do it."

"It's ok," Elena said in shock. "Listen..." she looks in Liam's eyes to compel him. "Forget everything that happened here today. Go back to Whitmore and get on with your day as normal – you did nothing unusual."

He did what she asked. She walked over to Willow and sat beside her body.

"Caroline didn't mean it, she's just grieving. She wanted to take it out on Stefan for leaving... you were just collateral damage. When you wake up, don't hate her. Please don't hate her."

Her phone rang, and Stefan's name flashed on the screen.

"I was too late," Elena said. "I'm sorry Stefan."

He didn't say anything. All they could do now was wait... Wait for Willow to wake up, as a vampire.

***

"Cut!" Ian called. It was his turn to direct and he was doing an amazing job of it – clearly a natural. "Great job guys!"

"I can't believe you're taking my place!" Nina said to Cece with a smile.

"I'm not taking your place," Cece reassured her. "There will only ever be one Elena Gilbert."

"Yeah," Nina said absentmindedly. "I'm really gonna miss her."