169. IRL

It was October 27th. Cece had been in labour for 8 hours. It was the most painful experience of her life and she would never understand how she got through it. However, now she didn't care, the pain was like a distant memory. Because she was holding her beautiful baby boy in her arms. Nothing else mattered.

"He looks like you," Cece said to Paul, not taking her eyes off of their son.

"He's the most beautiful baby in the entire world," Paul said, stroking his cheek. "That's all you."

"I'm in love," Cece said, becoming emotional. "I can't believe we made something so... perfect."

"I know," Paul said. "I can't believe we're parents. It kind of didn't seem real until now."

"Yeah," she said, turning to Paul. "Thank you for everything Paul. None of the amazing things that I have in my life right now would be possible without you."

"Thank you for giving birth to our son. You're so amazing and beautiful, and the strongest woman I've ever met."

"I love you," she said, and they kissed.

There was a soft knock at the door and Claire came through.

"Hey guys," she said, before spotting the baby. "Wow. He's gorgeous."

"I know right?" Cece said, looking down at him again.

"I can't believe you're a mum," Claire said. "I remember when you were 14! That's crazy!"

"I know," she said, holding out her son. "Wanna hold him?"

Claire sat down softly on the hospital bed at Cece's feet. Holding her hands out, she took the baby and cradled him in her arms.

"Hi," she said softly. "I'm your Auntie Claire."

She lightly rocked him.

"So, does this little guy have a name yet?"

Paul and Cece looked at each other with wide smiles on their faces.

"He does," Paul said, gesturing to Cece.

"Claire, meet Jacob Bradley Wasilewski, your Godson."