116. IRL

Everything had gone off without a hitch and the wedding was fully underway.

"I've been informed that the bride and groom have written their own vows," the minister said, gesturing to the two of them. Paul began.

Turning to Cece, he took both of her hands and smiled.

"Cece, when I met you, I thought I'd be meeting a co-worker. At the time, I had no idea that I'd be meeting you. My best friend, my partner-in-crime, my entire world. I feel like everything in my life has led me to you. My choices, my heartbreaks, my regrets, everything. I promise to love you, every single day for the rest of our lives. I promise to be there always. I promise to support every single decision you make, no matter how crazy I think you're being. Also, I promise never to tell you how crazy you're being."

The crowd chuckled.

"From this moment on, it's you and me. And that's how it will always be."

Cece dabbed at her eyes with the back of her hand, careful not to mess up her make-up.

"Ok, my turn," she said under her breath.

"Paul, I'm a hopeless romantic. Since I was a little girl I dreamed of this day, of getting married and wearing a nice dress and doing all the things that I saw in movies. Back then, I never imagined that I'd find someone like you. That I'd find someone who would fight for me, protect me, love me. I never thought I'd find you, and I didn't have to. Because as soon as I stopped looking, you found me. You came into my life, turned it completely upside down, and made me realise what true love really feels like. And in a weird way, I think that, back when I was young, and I was planning my wedding, you were who I was planning it with. Because it's always been you Paul. And it always will be."

***

They exchanged their wedding rings and continued with the ceremony, until they got to everyone's favourite part.

"Now, by the power vested in me by the city of Atlanta, it is my honor and delight to declare you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

They kissed, and everyone stood up and cheered. It was over.

They were married.