156. Instagram

@Nina – Here are two pictures from the pilot episode of TVD

@Nina – Here are two pictures from the pilot episode of TVD. Back then, I had no idea what path my life would take, or how much it would change. It hurts to know that I will never again walk into the Salvatore mansion, or Mystic Falls High School or Whitmore College. I will never again read a new TVD script or have to decide between Stelena or Delena. Elena will never have a sleepover with Caroline and Bonnie, or hug Jeremy or Matt, or kiss Stefan or Damon, and that's my decision. Thank you so much to everyone who's been there from day one, watching me play two characters that are now so ingrained in me. Thanks to the crew (especially Julie and Kevin) who gave me this chance, and who changed my life completely. But most of all, thanks to my cast, my family. I love you all, more than you know.

2,819,283 likes

@Craccola:

Neens, we are going to miss you so much! Caroline will miss Elena more than I can comprehend x

@Paulvedere:

Elena used to be Stefan's primary reason for existence. It makes no sense to him that she won't be around anymore.

@IanSomerhalder:

Do I even need to talk about how much Damon will miss Elena? I feel like it's all downhill from here for him. He'll never be able to get over the woman that changed his life.

@KatGraham:

Bonnie and Elena are soul mates. Always have been. That won't change.

@ZachRoerig:

@Nina You made the show what it is, never forget that x

@mkmalarkey:

Even though I haven't been here as long as everyone else, I still feel the impact of your departure. Mystic Falls will never be the same.

@ClaireHolt:

@Nina If it wasn't for the amazing characters that you played, I'm pretty sure The Originals wouldn't even be a thing. So thank you for doing what you do.

@therealJosephMorgan:

Mystic Falls, New Orleans, everyone will be impacted by this loss. I'll miss Elena, but definitely not as much as I'll miss Nina.

@Mr.DanielGillies:

I feel like everyone's forgetting about Katherine, so I'll talk about her. She was Elijah's favourite doppelganger and with good reason, she's the most bad-ass chick to ever step into a CW show.

@theDanielleCampbell:

As @ClaireHolt said, I wouldn't have my job right now if you hadn't done yours to absolute perfection @Nina. Thank you.

@PhoebeJTonkin:

I didn't get a lot of time to act with Elena or Katherine, but I got to spend a lot of time around you @Nina. You're everything.

@CeceRose:

Mystic Falls will stay standing because you spent 6 years holding it up. Everything is going to change dramatically, but we can handle it. Because you've been handling every other change before now. We'll learn from the best x