152. Twitter

@CWTVD

There's been a lot of rumours surrounding the TVD cast lately – we need to clear some things up.

@CWTVD

The show is not going anywhere. None of the main or recurring cast are in danger of losing their jobs (unless their characters get killed off, which is a different story...)

@CWTVD

However, the lovely and talented @NinaDobrev is leaving the show, which means that we're losing two great characters. Her last episode will be Season 6 Episode 22.

@CWTVD

We wish Nina the best of luck with future projects. And, as she films her last episode this week, we want to illustrate how much we'll miss her.

@Stelenagirl:

What?!

@Bamonfansftw:

Is this serious? She's actually leaving?!

@SalvatoreFangirl:

How can there be TVD without freaking Elena?!

@EllenaGillbert:

Do I have to change my username now?

@LinaLena:

I'm happy for her, but I really wish she wasn't going.

@TVDForever:

No, she can't leave! What about Katherine??

@OriginalsBae:

I'm so sad about this.

@CandiceAccola:

We'll all miss her so much, but we're happy for her too. The show can function without our girl.

@CeceRose:

I love you @NinaDobrev. Good luck with everything!

@ElisaMysticFalls:

I think we should all be happy for her.

@PaulWesley:

It won't be the same without her.

@IanSomerhalder:

Mystic Falls will miss Elena a lot... however I'm sure they're all glad to see the back of Katherine!

@StephanieLovesDamon:

I love you @NinaDobrev, and I'll follow your career whether you're on TVD or not.

@Dobreva23:

I feel like this might end the show. I mean, how long can they go on without the main character?

@Loisvampirediaries:

I have no idea how they're gonna make season 7...

@LoveforTVD:

I'm excited to see how the show progresses without her tbh

@MoniqueVamps:

Whether she's there or not, my love for Elena will never stop.

@ElleryVampD:

I wish she wasn't leaving. But if she felt she had to, I hope she finds another amazing role.

@NinaDobrev:

Thank you for your support everyone. I know that this leaves the future story lines uncertain, and I'm sorry about that. But this is something I need to do. Thank you for understanding x