162. Blog Post

Resting, Nesting and Name Suggesting

Hey Guys x

So, this is just a quick update. Probably the last post before I give birth, eek!

I've been lying low from social media over the last month or so, just because I've been preparing for the baby and can't always remember to check my feeds, let alone post myself.

And by 'preparing', I mean rearranging the baby room a thousand times and buying all the essentials... like the same booties in 15 different colours! And taking lots of naps, because I've fallen in love with napping lately. Probably because I'm lugging around an almost fully-sized baby.

My brain hasn't seemed to connect the thought that pregnancy=baby. When I got pregnant, I thought it would be the most euphoric, amazing thing that would ever happen to me. But I have to say, being pregnant certainly has bad points as well as good. And of course I'm extremely grateful that I even got pregnant, let alone that my pregnancy has been going well, which I know a lot of people aren't fortunate to have. I feel like the luckiest person in the world.

Paul is so ready for this. It's like he's been preparing for this moment all his life and it's finally happening. It's the cutest thing in the entire world, and I'm so happy that I fell in love with someone as amazing as him.

And what else did I have to say? Oh yeah, names! Aka the hardest decision ever.

Choosing something that someone will probably have for their entire life is a lot of power and control. I kind of want to give him something eccentric, but then I want to give him something really traditional, something that the teachers at school will easily be able to pronounce. You know what I mean?

But overall, everything's going well. I'm excited and terrified, but mostly I feel almost ready. See you on the flip-side, when I'm someone's mother!

Yours, Cece xx