Chapter 1

Lisa POV :

           "Lisa, wake up. I'm getting late", a voice shouted in my ear. I groaned and opened my eyes to see Taylor, my brother. "You have 20 minutes, get out of bed, and get ready, I'll be downstairs", he said, before leaving me alone. I was about to sleep in again, when he shouted, "Don't you dare go to sleep again". I groaned, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, "I wasn't planning to".

           I got out of bed and went to my bathroom, I saw myself in the mirror. My black hair was a mess and was all over the place. My black eyes looked tired. I started my morning routine, and was ready in 10 mins. I put on a simple shirt and jeans, and tied my hair in a ponytail, as for make up, I don't know how to do it. I've tried before, under the guidance of Janise, but it lead to me looking like I stepped straight out of a zombie movie. So after watching a shit ton of makeup videos, I gave up.

               I went downstairs to make myself some coffee. One thing you should know about me is that, I love coffee. If I miss my cup of coffee, I'm gonna be really grumpy. Well, I'm always grumpy, but I'll be extra grumpy if I don't have my coffee. "Ready ?", Taylor asked as I was washing my cup. I nodded my head and picked up my bag. Today was the first day after Christmas holidays. Yay !! Not. I was a junior in Dominic High, which was a reputable school.

           I got into the car with Taylor. He was usually the one who gave me a ride to school. Sometimes I go with Janise. Janise is my best friend, and also my only friend. Why you ask ? Because I'm anti-social, Moody and just not a fun person to talk to. People are usually afraid to even talk to me. I'm known for being the bad girl of the school. Sometimes I wonder why she's friends with me.She is the exact opposite of me. A very popular, social and cheerful person. Nonetheless, I'm grateful to her.

            We finally arrived at the school. "Have a nice day", Taylor said with a smile. "I probably won't", I mumbled to myself and waved his way. My brother is my only support. He goes to college and then works after college. Our parents send us money too, but he doesn't like depending on them. He likes being independent.

           I went to my locker and shoved in my bag. I tried to find Janise, I finally spotted her talking to some seniors. She saw me and waved at me. Excusing herself, she ran towards me. "I missed you", she said as she approached me. I rolled my eyes, "We met yesterday, Jan". She smiled at me. I shook my head. "Oh, look he's sneaking glances at you again", Janise said out of nowhere. "Who is ?", I asked. "The Golden boy of course", she replied. Right.

            Jacob Andrews was the Golden boy of the school. He had perfect grades, teachers loved him. And he was handsome, so he got the student's attention too. With his blue eyes and blonde hair, he looked good. I'll admit that. Janise has this theory about how he likes me because she's seen him looking my way many times.  I think it's bullshit. He tried to talk to me several times. But me being the rude bitch I am, I ignored him. It's not that he's a bad person. I just have my own trust issues. I really hope someday I can trust people. But for now, I don't think I'm ready.
Yes, I know.

I have serious issues.

************************************

           When the bell rang, I practically sprinted out of my classroom. I hate Maths, it's like mental abuse. It's more fucked up than my life. When I see numbers, I get rattled. Maybe I should make like a Maths hate club. I wonder how many people would join it. As I was busy hating Maths, I bumped into something hard. "What the fuck man?", I muttered, rubbing my sore butt. The person chuckled. I looked up to find a gorgeous face looking at me. Jacob Andrews. "Normally people say sorry", he said. I got up, and planting the best fake smile I could muster, said, "Well, guess I'm not normal then". I tried to escape but his muscular chest blocked my way. "Move", I hissed. He simply smiled.

Damn!! His smile

Snap out of it Lisa. He's just a boy.

A hot one though.

Shut up !!

           He moved away, still smiling. "I'm Jacob", he said. "And I don't care", came my swift reply. Okay I think I'm being way too rude. But in my defense, I just got out of Maths class. That's bound to make you more irritable than ever. But that didn't stop him from smiling, "See you around, Angel". I looked around me, and then pointed a questioning finger at myself.

Angel ? Angel ?!

Who the fuck does he think he is ?!

He just chuckled. "Listen-" , I was cut off by him walking off. I groaned and walked to my next class. I'm not gonna lie and say I don't like him calling me Angel. I like it, and that's the problem. Why do I like it ? What the fuck just happened ? Why did he call me angel ?? Does he really have a thing for me ? I shook my head and entered my next class. It's easy, there's nothing about him. He doesn't like me. And nothing's gonna happen between us. I'm just overthinking it. It was a normal interaction between two classmates.

Do you want something to happen between you ??

No .

Yeah, sure.

Shh, I'm trying to focus, shut up.

And if you're wondering, yes I do talk to myself a lot.

************************************
            I walked into the cafeteria with my head held up high. I went and sat next to Janise. "Hey" she greeted me with a smile almost as big as a giraffe. "What's got you all bubbly ?", I asked. "So, I heard you talked to Jacob today?", she said. "And....?", I waited for her to complete her sentence. "You both will look soooooo cute together", she squealed, earning irritated looks from people. I groaned,"There's no chance I'm gonna be with him, or anyone else for that matter".
Janise smirked, "So do you have an official friend other than me?". I rolled my eyes ,"We talked once Jan, only once, besides he would not even remember me". She rolled her eyes,"Yeah, that's why he's looking at you that intently". I turned my head and found Jacob looking straight at me, making my breathing stop. I raised my eyebrows. He just smiled, now his best friends were looking at me too. I rolled my eyes and brought my attention back to the food in front of me.
What I couldn't help was the feeling of butterflies in my stomach.

This has to stop.

************************************

Author's note:
I hope you liked this
Leave a vote
Comment